Best year for gen2 / with or without ABS ?

Hi Do race bikes have ABS? Do race cars have ABS? I had a car with ABS darn thing would not stop. I cut the wire to the ABS, car stopped fine. There was no ABS light on. Ash c10 about ABS. I disconnect it on all my cars and trucks, and the air bags too.
This was irony right?
Comparing a race bike/car to any street legal vehicle is plain stupidity. Because on the racetrack the grip levels are consistent, the brake zones are well known and the sourroundings are predictable.... Aaand with the current systems any non professional riding "god" is a lot faster with aids than without...

I like riding in all weather conditionditions with my bike exept snow&ice and with the ammount of wildlife up here in Norway i can safely say that the altough primitive ABS have saved me several times.

This was irony right?
Comparing a race bike/car to any street legal vehicle is plain stupidity. Because on the racetrack the grip levels are consistent, the brake zones are well known and the sourroundings are predictable.... Aaand with the current systems any non professional riding "god" is a lot faster with aids than without...

I like riding in all weather conditionditions with my bike exept snow&ice and with the ammount of wildlife up here in Norway i can safely say that the altough primitive ABS have saved me several times.
Hi. I havs never ridden or driven anythink with good ABS so maybe it has gotten better. But to me taken off the barkes is never a good thing. I have only had cars with ABS older ones 2011. When I disconnect it they stop better for me. I was a SCCA F5000 driver with a Lola T 142. I was hopping to move into F 1 but a crash at Mosport ended that.

I ride knowing I have no rider aids and so far so good....

I've ridden in all conditions including snow and have never had an issue.

I'm sure the riding aids are helpful though as they make a mediocre rider good and a poor rider safe.

I raced old school with zero rider aids back in the '80s and although our lap times were less than what they see today, I believe our skills as riders was better as we learned our bikes and what their limits were and didn't rely on a computer to tell us. I personally think racing was much better in all racing venues when the emphasis was more on the rider/driver than the equipment.

I for one would like to see something like NASCAR go back to its roots and away from these cars they drive now, it would be nice to see real cars out there like they used to be.

That's why I like SBK over MotoGP, at least we can relate to the bikes ridden in SBK as they are pretty much what you can buy at a dealership.

I for one would like to see something like NASCAR go back to its roots and away from these cars they drive now, it would be nice to see real cars out there like they used to be.

That's why I like SBK over MotoGP, at least we can relate to the bikes ridden in SBK as they are pretty much what you can buy at a dealership.
Couldn't agree more. We have a race series here in Au called, "supercars". Used to be "v8 supercars" but they dropped it.
It used to be awesome as it was factory cars modified for racing. So you could actually relate to the cars.
Now, they're a generic full chassis with a different body dropped over them.
For me, its lost the "soul" of what racing was. Now it's all "same-same" and boring 80% of the time.

Couldn't agree more. We have a race series here in Au called, "supercars". Used to be "v8 supercars" but they dropped it.
It used to be awesome as it was factory cars modified for racing. So you could actually relate to the cars.
Now, they're a generic full chassis with a different body dropped over them.
For me, its lost the "soul" of what racing was. Now it's all "same-same" and boring 80% of the time.
Exactly....the race cars of today are far removed from their roots...NASCAR using composite bodies and tube frames for instance....there used to be a saying "Race on Sunday, buy on Monday" but that has gone away as none of these cars are "real" cars.

Same as MotoGP...I like watching all the brands in SBK, rider skill makes more of a difference. It's fun to see the brands battle each other...I watched a race on Wed where the BMW and Suzuki riders were battling for the win, it see-sawed back and forth with each of them exploring a slightly different line and approach in order to gain on the other....the bikes were pretty evenly matched.

Today I just bought the 19 RCS Corsa Corta (sounds fancy) for the front brake as a kit with reservoir & bracket.
Hopefully it'll brake better now and exit at the first taxi way :)
Awesome. You’ll love it. Just be careful to get the feeling of it. Go find a clear road and get a feeling for it. And if you play with the sport/race/normal dial, really get some practice on it before hitting the twistie stuff..

Awesome. You’ll love it. Just be careful to get the feeling of it. Go find a clear road and get a feeling for it. And if you play with the sport/race/normal dial, really get some practice on it before hitting the twistie stuff..
Thanks for the info. I'll drain the system, replace the lines with the HEL braided kit, change pads, refill and bleed.
What soft organic type pads would you recommend?

Back