Best year for gen2 / with or without ABS ?

I was just reading a thread where the member said a tuner told him the more recent models are making about 5 more hp. I cant remember what year that started in. Could possibly be because they have less miles,too or his dyno has loosened up??

what c10 said.

Depends on how you feel about ABS I suppose. If you feel like you really want ABS on the bike, there's your answer. If you are fine riding the bike without that extra security blanket, definitely go pre-2013. That ABS is more complicated, heavier, and marginal security IMHO (it is not advanced ABS so it doesn't look at lean or throttle, etc.). Also a 2013+ is going to cost more so you'll have less money for the mods you want.

I have an 09 with improved brakes and I feel pretty safe on the road. ABS would maybe make a difference in a very limited scenario, but the improved PP's (power and progressiveness) of the tools I have in my improved setup are going to make a lot of stops better. I'm not against ABS BTW, the ABS on my BMW 1250 is awesome and I would not ride without it. But the Suzuki setup is pretty outdated and wasn't the best example of ABS when it was new.

JUst my point of view, I'm sure there are others.

Like posted above its personal preference. Unsure if my 2019 has any updated abs systems but ive activated the rear a couple times in the wet in a hard stop. Have yet to activate the fronts.

Used to ride a gen1. Honestly if I could Id buy a gen1 again with a gen2 engine personally.

I guess if you buying one today, get the one with the ABS. The standard brakes on this thing leave a lot to be desired and one has to spend considerable coin to bring them up to speed. Not that the ABS that came on this is any advanced but atleast its there.

Unless of-course you getting a stellar deal on the non ABS model, then you can spend all those savings on a brake upgrade.

Trouble is the Suzuki ABS fitted to the later Busas was 19th century technology. Not a patch on the ABS from other manufacturers.

I go with the ABS I mean we are living in the 21 century :D :thumbsup:
I've always seen ABS as a replacement for good reactions and good riding skills . . . basically trying to 'idiot-proof' motor vehicles.

In saying that . . I never knew how good it was to have ABS, until one day when I switched off the ABS on my KTM 990 Adventure while riding a fast flowing gravel road out in the sticks and I starting braking for a corner, rear brake locked up, rear end slid sideways to the point of no coming back, managed to save it and get around the corner (70mph) and I pooped my pants.
I switched the ABS back on and never f*&ked with it again . . .

1598347248577.png

1598347462792.png

I've always seen ABS as a replacement for good reactions and good riding skills . . . basically trying to 'idiot-proof' motor vehicles.

In saying that . . I never knew how good it was to have ABS, until one day when I switched off the ABS on my KTM 990 Adventure while riding a fast flowing gravel road out in the sticks and I starting braking for a corner, rear brake locked up, rear end slid sideways to the point of no coming back, managed to save it and get around the corner (70mph) and I pooped my pants.
I switched the ABS back on and never f*&ked with it again . . .

View attachment 1625572

View attachment 1625573
Hi Do race bikes have ABS? Do race cars have ABS? I had a car with ABS darn thing would not stop. I cut the wire to the ABS, car stopped fine. There was no ABS light on. Ash c10 about ABS. I disconnect it on all my cars and trucks, and the air bags too.

Hello guys from greece !

I want to buy a used gen2

What to choose with or without ABS system ?

Better year for the model ?

Thnx for everything!!
Like was said, other than colors and graphics (and ABS) not much has changed for the Gen 2 bikes...

You have to identify how important ABS is to you then go from there...if it is high on the list a '13 or newer bike is in your future-from there it is just the color choice.

@Kiwi Rider THOSE are cool shots. So if I come visit,we ride to places like that? :thumbsup:
Rubb.
Of course! That area is on my doorstep, about 40 mins ride from my house. . .
As a Canadian you should’ve already heard the reports about how NZ is the motorcycling Mecca of the planet !
I’ve met other Canadian bikers who’ve said it’s common knowledge back home that NZ is the place to go.
Whoops, sorry for the threadjack lol.

I just found this thread and I'm a little late to the party, however every person may eventually come across this decision with their Busa as I now have. It's time to upgrade the brakes.

I've ridden 20k miles on my bike since new in 2018. The front brake master is now suddenly showing signs of failing. This is my reasoning to finally upgrade the entire system.

Any recommendations for a non-OEM quality replacement Front Brake Master?

Galfer Wave Rotors, HEL calipers, Double H sintered pads and HEL braided lines.
...and then I thought, why not just delete the ABS!? I'll need less brake lines and the feel will be much like my buddies '08 Busa which felt so much better to ride.

I've made my decision based on two reasons:
1. After riding my buddies well maintained pre-ABS Busa, I prefer the brake feel of that bike generation.

2. This Busa also happens to be my first ABS equipped motorcycle I've ever owned. I'm used to riding non-ABS bikes and quite frankly, this ABS is such a dinosaur design, it's not worth the weight and complexity of maintaining it for the low performance return of that ABS pump system.
Had Suzuki continually modernised this system to become a smarter ABS (as modern day bikes have) I'd consider keeping it.

Throw a Brembo master cylinder on and the whole world of braking changes. One of the very first upgrades buying a second Busa was throwing that oem rubbish in the bin.

Throw a Brembo master cylinder on and the whole world of braking changes. One of the very first upgrades buying a second Busa was throwing that oem rubbish in the bin.
Thanks. I also found a whole bunch of old threads on here.
RCS 16 for clutch and RCS 19 for front brake. I think I like the prices a little better than Beringer!

Back