ECU compatability?

tac

Registered
A question for the guru's out there. Are all of the gen2 ECU's the same?

If someone wanted to see what difference a flashed ECU makes, could one from a U.S. 2008 model be swapped with a 2013 or 2014 model?
I have seen many comments that the ECU's are the same and the only difference is the 2013 and up have ABS and that uses a stand alone module.

I have swapped a 2008 and 2013. For some reason the newer bike does require a different set of jumpers from Boost By Smith when setting it up for flashing but the software is the same and the ECU's interchange.

Yes, 08-19 are the same.
You should not swap a U.S ecu into a bike from another country/ecu country code, or vice versa.
There is no change in performance or benefit; however, European bikes(and other markets)have a factory ignition immobilizer.
Put that in your bike, or again, vice versa, and it will not run.
If you want a better ecu, just use what you have, and get it flashed.
ALL the ecu's 08-19 are physically the same, including all the B-Kings(Bking uses different bin file, and can be flashed as a Busa...I've done 7 this way). Their country code can be changed in the flash also, if need be.
If you had to buy a used ecu, and one from another country was available cheaper.

Back