Best size / make tyres

bonerp

Registered
hi I've just come back to the Busa from having a 9 yr lay off - bought my old one back lol.

Whats the best rubber nowadays? Its got Dunlop 207s but the rear has a nail in it.

I also believe a 180/55 width rear helps with traction? Would this cause stability problems?

Thanks all
Paul

Everyone has their own idea of the 'best' tire. A lot depends on what you are looking for:
softer performance compounds stick better, but have less mileage.
'road' tires last longer, but aren't as sticky (doesn't mean they are not, just not as).

Are you looking for mileage? Performance? How many miles do you put on a year? Are you racing? What type of riding (interstates or twisties?) What is your budget? Answers to those will help with answering your question.

As far as 180/55 vs 190/50. I use a 180/55. I've been told you can flick it in the twisties better than a 190/50, but I'm not that good of a rider to notice.

:welcome: back!

Thanks - I did search. Been considering my questions.

Currently have dunlop 207's. Only ridden the bike 2 miles with these on and picked up a nail! So have no knowledge or experience in them. Reviews havent looked great from what I've read.

I dont want touring tyres. Want something that works well but wont do anymore than 3k per year so life is not a concern. Would like better than the 1500 miles i got out of my old BT 56s tho.

Cost is not a restriction.

thanks

Everyone has their own idea of the 'best' tire. A lot depends on what you are looking for:
softer performance compounds stick better, but have less mileage.
'road' tires last longer, but aren't as sticky (doesn't mean they are not, just not as).

Are you looking for mileage? Performance? How many miles do you put on a year? Are you racing? What type of riding (interstates or twisties?) What is your budget? Answers to those will help with answering your question.

As far as 180/55 vs 190/50. I use a 180/55. I've been told you can flick it in the twisties better than a 190/50, but I'm not that good of a rider to notice.

:welcome: back!

+1

I run Metzler sportec M-3's on both my road race bike and my busa. 180/55 on both.

I know there's better tires out their but I have never had a problem with grip. Depending on your type of steet riding you could get 6000 mile out of the rear.

Back