bt 015 tyres not hectic

SMITHERS

Registered
i have done exactly 680 miles now on irish rough roads now! oil changed once, no wheelies or burnouts , rear tyre has about 200 miles left till pool table finish! thing i cant understand is for an o.e tyre this rubber is bad! ui have been looking at all the posts and nobody is complaining!all i can say is picture this(DRY ROADS, SUMMER WEATHER,BAD SURFACES,BEAUTIFUL; SCENERY, this tyre at the correct pressure and about 6 psi down which at cold works best here!BOTTOM LINE do most experienced riders feel what i feel and that is the back end sliding away under me without pushing hard! new bt 014s going on tomorrow1 Iam a dunlop fan for road use and i will keep you informed`1
hello.gif

There are a million things that can cause the rear end to "slip". And in most street cases it is almost never the tire
winkold.gif

BT014s are an older version than the BT015s...

If its really the BT015 tire that's slipping and no ther cause, then getting other sport tires won't help.

If you're running that high of a pace, than you could try Dunlop Qualifiers, Bridgestone BT002RS, Pirelli Corsa III, or Michelin PP2cts.

If you get those rear tires slipping, than you need race tires. And if you're running such a pace that you need race tires on the street to keep from losing rear end grip, then you don't need to be riding the street. You'd be too fast.

So my point is, it is FAR likely that another cause caused you slip the rear.

i have done exactly 680 miles now on irish rough roads now!  oil changed once, no wheelies or burnouts ,  rear tyre has about 200 miles left till pool table finish!  thing i cant understand is for an o.e tyre this rubber is bad! ui have been looking at all the posts and nobody is complaining!all i can say is  picture this(DRY ROADS, SUMMER WEATHER,BAD SURFACES,BEAUTIFUL; SCENERY, this tyre at the correct pressure and about 6 psi down which at cold works best here!BOTTOM LINE do most experienced riders feel  what i feel and that is the back end sliding away under me without pushing hard! new bt 014s going on tomorrow1 Iam a dunlop fan for road use and i will keep you informed`1
hello.gif
I'm very happy with the stock rubber. Only got around 500 miles on the bike, all done in the last two beautiful weekends we've had here and I've had my knee down without any hint of a slide. I know Irish roads are rough but that's crazy wear! I don't suppose you let a mate 'take it for a spin' did you?
winkold.gif

I have 1600 miles on this set of stones and they only break loose when I want them too. I don't know what kind of roads you ride on but here in SC this tire handles and wears great.

Same here, no problems with stock rubber, you can lean till the cows come home no slipping or unusual wear. Must be something on your side of the pond.
thumb_up.gif

Done 5000 miles now on the stock rubber. still good for another 1000 or so. No complaints whatsoever. Ordered a new rear tyre already though...just in case. My only concern was to order the new BT016 or stay with the 015

same here, have 5000 miles and still have more to go. only time i have felt the rear slip is running over the tar in the cracks on a hot day.

Too many burnouts obviously
thumb_down.gif

Ive even been to Ireland on my bike from Germany and have done 7400kms on the tyre - should make it to 10000 no probs
cool.gif

I got 4000 out of my first rear. I think I would have gotten more but I did a 1300 mile 3 day trip with long 100 mile runs of straight up and down 80mph runs. The very center was down to the ware bars. It sounds like burnouts or sand paper roads to me.

2700 miles and mine was showing cords. I don't do burnouts but I do ride hard. Used to get 4,000 out of my '02 but the '08 is a bit heavier. Such is life...

Michelin Pilot Power 2CT was put on at 3200. I have no ill effects as with the stockers. 6000 on her now and still 50% left. These babies hold the road very well. I have cranked it over showing no chicken strips and she holds right out of the driveway. Try that with the stockers and you'll be in the gutter. Pricey but worth it! IMHO

Back