Best Insurance Company for Hayabusa Owners in the USA

slidermike

Registered
I am currently with Progressive and they seem to look for any reason to raise or explain why the price of 'busa insurance is so expensive.
Who can give me some options for lower price (full coverage as the busa is owned by the bank currently) insurance?

Rider info
54 yr old Male.
No tickets, no wrecks, owns home, great credit.
'22 busa

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I say State farm. I currently have mine there and pay 30 bucks a month i think? Problem is you have to have more than just your bike with them or they wont write a policy.

I say State farm. I currently have mine there and pay 30 bucks a month i think? Problem is you have to have more than just your bike with them or they wont write a policy.
Not true for me. I have only my bike with them.

I had State Farm with my gen 1. And I had $100,000 underinsured motorist policy with them. And the woman who saw me, but thought she had the right of way and enough time to turn in front of me, and did so, causing me to plow straight into the side of her Oldsmobile, ripping the forks and wheel off and sending me 40 ft over her car and down the road, had State Farm.
I got $5,000 and change for the highly customized and loaded with accessories unrestricted first-year model, but I have to take them to court as they abandoned me, offered me zero legal help, and just fed me to the team playing defense. And sports fans, they don't mess around. I got not one penny for any medical expenses. And I had the pleasure of watching their lawyers suborn perjury and get the defendant to lie on the stand that she never saw me and just felt a little bump and didn't know what happened. Well that's funny lady, because the first thing that happened when I got to my feet, barely, was having you run up and scream in my face at least three times "You were supposed to slow down! You were supposed to slow down! You were supposed to slow down!"
If you want to get f***** good and hard with your pants on, by all means get State Farm. They are pure fraud, and in the court system have the reputation as being the worst at actually reimbursing anyone for anything. Oh yeah, and they've managed to pass corruption laws in over half the states where if you sue someone, the jury isn't allowed to know you are suing the insurance company and their policy. Caligula couldn't dream up corruption like that.

Last edited:
Sounds like the majority have state farm. I will call them for a quote.
Progressive (current insurer) is expensive and when i called about our expensive relationship the guy was useless.
Gave a loaded "which bike, a cruiser or sport bike do you think is more likely to be in an accident?". That got under my skin and i refused to let him frame the discussion that way. I said the style bike has zero to do with the likelihood of being hit. The cager does not see or care what your on. Followed by, more cruiser riders are likely older and experienced riders so that skews the numbers.
He answered his own question with a smug tone "sport bikes". Yeah, it went down hill from there.

Finally called the local State Farm agent (they do not offer online motorcycle quotes & agent offices here are closed on weekends).
Basically got a quote for the same coverage for 1/2 the price of Progressive.
Have switched over as of today.
Thank you to all who have chimed in on their providers and experiences.

Last edited:
Gieco was $80 a year for basic liability here in Cali back in 2010 on a Gen 1 Busa. Seemed like a deal to me.
Fast forward to 2022 with a Gen 1 Busa not running but registered and requiring insurance according the the DMV here in Socal I could have done a non opt on it ) and also my 2010 Councours and they charged me $300 a year for liability on both bikes together. This year they dropped it to a $100.... hmmmmm... none of this makes much sense... then again... this world isn't making much sense in certain areas these days.

Without differences in policy limits and deductibles; switching to State Farm from progressive is saving me $480 per 6 months. In NC the spouse is listed on a motorcycle policy whether they have a motorcycle endorsement or not. She did have an at fault accident that fell off before this new quote that could have possibly increased the previous policy; this I’m not sure about but just being transparent. Either way, progressive wasn’t going to beat that quote or even lower my rates. It’s like the consumer is now punished for being long-term customers.

Funny thing is I had State Farm for my R1 years ago. Had to file a claim and the whole process was flawless unlike Allstate. Price went up after that of course and I had to switch.

Once again the org has brought something helpful to my attention.

Thanks

I've had Progressive on my bikes for years. Currently just liability on my old 1300. I had coverage on my CRF250R dirt bike which truly amazed me.

Has anyone tried Dairyland?

I've had Progressive on my bikes for years. Currently just liability on my old 1300. I had coverage on my CRF250R dirt bike which truly amazed me.

Has anyone tried Dairyland?

I had forgotten all about them; I've had several companies, but once I went with State Farm, I realized I could afford to add more sport bikes.

I had State Farm with my gen 1. And I had $100,000 underinsured motorist policy with them. And the woman who saw me, but thought she had the right of way and enough time to turn in front of me, and did so, causing me to plow straight into the side of her Oldsmobile, ripping the forks and wheel off and sending me 40 ft over her car and down the road, had State Farm.
I got $5,000 and change for the highly customized and loaded with accessories unrestricted first-year model, but I have to take them to court as they abandoned me, offered me zero legal help, and just fed me to the team playing defense. And sports fans, they don't mess around. I got not one penny for any medical expenses. And I had the pleasure of watching their lawyers suborn perjury and get the defendant to lie on the stand that she never saw me and just felt a little bump and didn't know what happened. Well that's funny lady, because the first thing that happened when I got to my feet, barely, was having you run up and scream in my face at least three times "You were supposed to slow down! You were supposed to slow down! You were supposed to slow down!"
If you want to get f***** good and hard with your pants on, by all means get State Farm. They are pure fraud, and in the court system have the reputation as being the worst at actually reimbursing anyone for anything. Oh yeah, and they've managed to pass corruption laws in over half the states where if you sue someone, the jury isn't allowed to know you are suing the insurance company and their policy. Caligula couldn't dream up corruption like that.
that sucks

it seems that State farm are similar to the following old adage you buy cheap - you get cheap cover

just for comparison in the UK
2010 busa all mods declared, 2016 ZX14R all mods declared - total 8,000 miles, 62 year old 1 claim

$32/month

Back