Insurance?

Fooligan

Registered
I'm looking into purchasing my first Busa. I figured insurance might be expensive so I called my agent for a quote: $3,000 per year!!!?? Insane.

I live in South Florida- middle aged male with a decent driving record. I currently pay $700/year for full coverage on my KTM 950.

Does the quote for the Busa sound right or should I keep looking?

too much
I pay 1750/yr full coverage in Jersey (worst place to get insurance in the states)
31 y.o., clean record, married, no claim

try statefarm i got a quote from them about 2 months ago for $400.00 a year full coverage on a 04 busa.

kf

Cheapest insurance I can find in my zip code (Los Angeles)is $6,000 a year. I have a perfect record, and the insurance agent said the rate is soo high because of comp(theft) in my zip code. If you have a relative or friend who will let you use their address it might be cheaper.

29, 02 Busa, Nationwide $1100 year full coverage, FL, one totaled bike on record, $0 Deductable.

Guy I know had a 03 Busa ready to go, called his insurace company $11000 a year, then again has 3 m/c wrecks on his record too.

State Farm is the way to go where I'm at, I pay $460/yr on a 04 for full coverage. They go by CC's, not what kind of bike it is. Good luck.

Yup I'm serious! It's hard to believe but true. I'm 29, male, perfect record, never had a claim, no points on the license. And I called every insurance company.:(

Dang 6k a year if you can afford that you don't need motorcycle insurance you could just buy a new bike

You guys realize that it's not just your driving record that affects your rates, right? Word is that your credit report has a say in your rates as well...

I've never rec'd concrete evidence of such, but I've heard it enough to believe it...my credit rating is probably average...no where near good, but not awful...I believe it's affected my rates ($900/year for full coverage)...no tickets, nothing, MSF course in my back pocket, every discount you can think of...just thought I'd share that...it might be a factor for you as well...

Back