Berlin Germany - trip pix

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
I know some of you wanted some pix, so here are a few from today. Gotta get some sleep so more to come tomorrow but here's some teasers. That last one... I have no clue how it really works but everyone is supposed to peddle....never saw anyone riding any of them out there :whistle: We cheated and took the bus tour but it was a good one, think we have something like 300 pix and saw 80% of the "guide book" locations so all in all a great day. Sunny, warm and overall just a nice day to explore one of Germany's cities. The Berlin wall pieces in one of the pix is original and they have sections of it all around the city still as reminders/outdoor museums/tourist traps :thumbsup:

DSC01233.jpg

DSC01253.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

DSC01508.jpg

I saw one of those things the last time I went to New York. Everybody faces each other and when they start pedaling, it goes sideways. ???

Wonder how fast you can get that contraption going with a full load of peddlers?? You could have drag races with em. Well, pobably too much work, better to just ride the bus!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the pics thus far!

Leave it to the Germans to mess up a perfectly good design and over complicate it!
Looks like all peddle and he steers?

Cool pics and yes Germany is an incredible country to see. Are you gonna get out more rural and see some castles?

ok sorry for the delay but the last 2 stops on the tour were... well... yeah I wasnt online much :whistle:

I just have to say that while at London Heathrow I observed an A380 mega jet for the first time and all I can say is ::11::11

Here's a few pix I found online for reference but walking under the nose of one and then later seeing it parked beside the 747 jumbo jet (both Quantas) I was in total awe. Seeing it pull beside the 777 I was on was also equally humbling :whistle:

More trip pix in a few mins :thumbsup:

380vs7473.jpg

380vs7472.jpg

380vs7471.jpg

here's a few more

first is outside the legoland spot, all lego giraffe and oddly no security around it... that thing would have been torn down if it was in the US
The second one is a currywurst truck .... dont ask but currywurst isnt bad if you like red curry
The 3rd one is a reminder of where the wall stood. Everywhere the wall once stood has that double cobble stone marker and they left wall pieces all over to remind people.
The 4th one is the actual wall. Behind it is a basement of a building that the SS used to use. The torn down the buildings but left the "basement of terror" as a memorial to those that spent time there as prisoners.
The 5th one is a good contrast of old and new. The tallest building in Berlin is the TV tower with its restaurant up on it and one of the oldest churches in that part of Berlin in the foreground :cool:

DSC01232.jpg

DSC01283.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

DSC01448.jpg

more pix

first pic, fountain right beside the gate
second is an indoor restaurant, pretty cool looking but didnt eat there
3rd is an old east german limo, they do tours in the normal sized cars like that
4th is a fountain outside the cool indoor restaurant

DSC01257.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01270.jpg

DSC01296.jpg

here's some from the Amsterdam shop.... and if you have ever heard of what they have and how crazy it is there... you can be sure they didnt tell you just *how* it is there.... if you've been you know what I'm talkin about :whistle:

first up a busa chained to the building right down the road from the Renaissance hotel we were at... if you are member here speak up!
2nd is the Renaissance hotel. Gotta say it was a great hotel, good staff and great location. No clue how much it costs, I used points :laugh:
3rd is one of the canals and little drink spot right up from the hotel. Was kinda fun people watching the tour boats coming past :whistle:
4th is one of the canals at dusk... yes those are red lights :whistle:
5th is the same exact spot just during the day :laugh:

DSC01527.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

Have a german beer for me please :beerchug:

Not to mention some good Bratwurst with curry :thumbsup:

And Blanca, what you tryin to say about Germans ??? :poke:

Have a german beer for me please :beerchug:

Not to mention some good Bratwurst with curry :thumbsup:

And Blanca, what you tryin to say about Germans ??? :poke:

I had more than one and my buddy took me to some place over the pass from Wiesbaden... dunno the name of the place but it was freakin stupid portion sizes... they had XXXXXXXL on the wall and some table/chairs designed for either 10' tall people or so that you felt tiny while eating the massive portions.

For reference, the hamburger was listed at 30cm across and the beef sausage (w/currywurst sauce) was listed at 600cc....all I know is the tray they served it on was over 2' long and the sausage went from end to end with a slight bend to it.... tasty but you could feed an army with the food there. I got a yummy 1/2lb schnitzel that took up the better part of my 2' long plate and had to be cut at the 2/3'rds mark so it would fit. They actually had a 2.56kg portion on the menu for the world record.... :laugh:

did you go to the Anne Frank house? I went the first time I went to Amsterdam.Whatt an awakening. really puts everything in perspective

I would love to say yes, unfortunately this trip was more of a turn left and head towards the center of town sorta adventure :whistle: Honestly it was a guy's trip and we just stopped off the blow off steam, raise a little hell and enjoy life. No rules, no expectations, no restrictions .... and no trips to the ATM :rofl:

I'll be back before too long and plan on heading to the right and see some of the more cultural sights next trip....though I'm not entirely sure that I will take my kids to Amsterdam before they are oooohhhhh out of high school :laugh:

Back