OKBoys (Some Visit Pix)

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
So, what'd you do today? :laugh:

I left San Diego this morning to come visit my buds here in Oklahoma City (oh, and do some work, presumably...). :whistle:

First couple of pix were taken for my good friends Ree and Greg down in Houston (through where I flew to get to OKC).

Ree is a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines...and we met on a flight a couple of years ago, when she recognized the Hayabusa kanji on my hat...

:love:

The Plane.jpg

The Plane 2.jpg

UncleSteve and Cap met me at the airport and took me to my hotel...

Immediately upon our arrival, they commandeered the computers in the lobby. I'm convinced they had plans to hack the hotel's system and secure for me the penthouse suite.

The Hotel.jpg

After I got checked in and had deposited my luggage, we headed over to Steve's 'office'...

Trooper Car.jpg

Trooper Bike.jpg

From there we went to Coaches for dinner.

Professor and Mojo Magic met us there and the five of us got caught up, and meeted and greeted.

Here's a pic of Professor, Mojo Magic and Captain at the restaurant.

At Dinner.jpg

We departed (thanks again, Cap!) and went to the Bronze Mickey Mantle statue out front for a group pic.

At Mickey Mantle.jpg

After we said our g'byes (for now), Steve, Cap and I went on a tour of the city...starting and spending the most time at the Murrah Federal Building Memorial Site.

It's very moving. Very moving, indeed.

The spray-painted wall reads (in it's entirety)...

Team 5
4-19-95
We search for the truth.
We seek justice.
The courts require it.
The people cry for it.
And God demands it.

Clearly it's time for someone to edit the bushes.

Memorial.jpg

The Wall.jpg

Great evening all! I enjoyed myself immensely...

Looking forward to a couple more days of fun. :beerchug: ...and good works with the fine people of Oklahoma.

glad you had a good trip although i would watch who i was hanging out with while there, that is a rough looking crew :poke: :laugh:

Great pics, Scar! Couldn't ask for a better welcoming committee. Hope the trip ends up well and looking forward to an opportunity to share in some of the same. Nothing like .oRgsters for company! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Hope you can get some work done while your there :whistle:. Pics are great and the company you have with ya is pretty darn good as well :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good time and made it in safely.
Thanks for the pics.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Back