Before loaning your bike... read this..

I thought he loaned the bike to someone without an "M" endorsement. That changes things if they are not licensed.

i went back and read it again, the dead fellow was did not have a license for a motorcycle. This is the problem. If any of the people you suggested were to ride another's busa, there would be no cause, #1 they own or have owned a HP motorcycle and they possess an "M" endorsement.

Ok...I see.

So my example above would be the same if said car was lent to a friend without a drivers license. Correct? They crash...I should be held liable huh? Age does not matter here?

I have both loaned my bikes and have borrowed the bikes of others.

It's a chance and a leap of faith. It's easy to see where some situations go very wrong.

Would I change what I've done thus far? No.

Will I change what I do going forward? No.

It's always food for thought, though.

people need to take responsibility for themselves if i loan u a bike and u cant ride it thats on u not me i couldnt tell my cousin no if he asked and if he totaled it then its on him

I really do not mind loaning out equipment... my bike? if I knew you owned and rode one? (street rocket) not a problem at all...

if you owned a 600 and I rode with you before? I would consider it..

if you told me you owned a bike? forget about it.....

I'm very particular who I let ride mine. I'd let my Son borrow it but he rides a 1000 so he knows about the power. There's not anyone else that I'd trust on it. Even some Busa riders won't respect your bike like you do. The best answer to (mayI borrow your bike?), If it's a friend is, Sorry Dude, My insurance won't cover you riding it.

Got my 1st ride on a Busa with a swap. He wanted to ride my warrior 1700. I thought
my 2002 bandits had all the power i needed. Guess I was wrong . sold the bandits.

Lets see... I've let my old neighbor, Travis and the guy from Suzuki ride mine.
My neighbor I was following him on his TL1000 so really not a concern, plus I trust him completely.
I was riding Travis' turbo pumpkin so he was following me on my bike, again not a concern actually I was more worried riding his bike :whistle:.
The guy from Suzuki at the bash, well shid I was hoping he'd lay it down so I could get an upgrade to an 08 :rofl: .... seriously though, I kinda figured he was good to go with the ride and Capt was the one that asked for they key so again, not a concern in my book.

otherwise, as mentioned previously, you can ride mine bike if I can ride your wife :rulez: The whole money/friends equation never works out when money is "owed". If you square up the deal ahead of time there's never a question and friendships can remain. :thumbsup:

I learned the hard way, loaned my YZ400 to a neighbor for about the 10th time so he could take a ride with my buddy (he had no bike at the time) . Cost him an arm & me a bike when he lost control & hit a tree. I got the best of it.

I'm with the "No" group on this one. There's only two people I would ever let ride my bike and they both know better than to ask. :beerchug:

Only other person to ride my bike is BusaPebbles. She is the only one I would loan it to.

Back