Before loaning your bike... read this..

Seems like a ligit claim. It is all about taking responsibility. If you lend your bike you better be sure the guy you are lending it to knows how to ride. Could have been worse he could have killed someone else.

We already have laws to cover this, you did not know this?

All you have to do is ask. :whistle:
guess we wont be getting to ride your dirt bikes anymore huh? .............. ooops.. no license required.. 0r is there?

DO NOT LOAN is my thought! Here in LA a Licensed driver can be citied, and is responsible, for allowing an unlicensed driver to drive. But, Lic. driver must admit to knowing. Always a loop hole some where.

Something you fellas should think about who street race is (At least in Washington State) if the fellow you are racing with looses control and kills himself, you are held liable and charged with vehicular manslaughter. Five to seven years in the big house. If anyone is injured during the act of a race, both participants are held liable for the enjured party. If a law enforcement officer is killed during your pursuit when you run, you will be going away for a very long time!

Something you fellas should think about who street race is (At least in Washington State) if the fellow you are racing with looses control and kills himself, you are held liable and charged with vehicular manslaughter. Five to seven years in the big house. If anyone is injured during the act of a race, both participants are held liable for the enjured party. If a law enforcement officer is killed during your pursuit when you run, you will be going away for a very long time!

I'm gonna have to make you sign a waiver :poke:

I don't loan for one reason....money and friends do not mix. Bike goes down, friend owes you money...you'll lose two thing...money and that friend.

Seems like a ligit claim. It is all about taking responsibility. If you lend your bike you better be sure the guy you are lending it to knows how to ride. Could have been worse he could have killed someone else.

And if you lend your bike to a friend who is an experienced rider? For example......Say Bogus, Captain, DO3, etc ..... and they crash and kill themselves ???

I dont agree w/ the charge.

Last edited:
he should have said he took it without his consent....

oh,..and what about personal responsibilty.

And if you lend your bike to a friend who is an experienced rider? For example......Say Bogus, Captain, DO3, etc ..... and they crash and kill themselves ???

I dont agree w/ the charge.

I thought he loaned the bike to someone without an "M" endorsement. That changes things if they are not licensed.

i went back and read it again, the dead fellow was did not have a license for a motorcycle. This is the problem. If any of the people you suggested were to ride another's busa, there would be no cause, #1 they own or have owned a HP motorcycle and they possess an "M" endorsement.

Last edited:
I thought he loaned the bike to someone without an "M" endorsement. That changes things if they are not licensed.

i went back and read it again, the dead fellow was did not have a license for a motorcycle. This is the problem. If any of the people you suggested were to ride another's busa, there would be no cause, #1 they own or have owned a HP motorcycle and they possess an "M" endorsement.

Maybe they are making an exception for motorcycles in Canada.

A standard drivers license is much more prevelant right? Fair top say most everyone has one. So if I lend my car to a friend who has a drivers license and he/she crashes and kills themselves. Why shouldn't I be charged like the guy is who lent out his bike?

Back