Please read! this should happen more often!

ICEMANN

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I just wanted to take a moment and share.</span>

Good things happen to alot of people but seldom get shared with others.  People from this site tend to go well above and beyond the call of "duty", for some stranger, they usually only know as a handle, or remember as a post whoe, yet go out of their way to help others, and I think thats just aight with me.

You Usually only read about someone's problem, look what "I" did, or plain ole beatchin about this or that, or at the very least a new guy askin about a "TRE"  
tounge.gif
  for the upteenth hundredth time.  Most of the old salts including me will throw out the "SEARCH HERE" bark instead of helping the new boardmember or welcoming them.  This will no longer happen from me.

In my opinion the <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>.ORG</span> is more than just a website.  It's warrants more than just a glance.  In my opinion the people on this site are like family in many ways.

In fact there are people from this site that are probably closer than some of my family.  I value the information sharing that occurs on this site.  This applies to more than just a common hayabusa motorcycle problem, a mod, or how do I's.  It's turned into a tight nit family, and a vast amount of good ole fashion know how.  I dont know maybe Im just gettin old, but I do know that I find the .org as good addictive behavior that others around me cant understand.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkblue'>What I dont see happen to often is someone truely saying thank you.</span></span>

Which brings me to this post.

I try to always just give back, and share information that might help someone else.  I truely believe that if I have a talent or skill that might help someone save a buck or two, or a life for that matter I always try to share it.  I dont expect, or want anything in return and this post is not about me.

So,  This thank you goes out to one particular board member.  It has nothing to really do with motorcycles, for me at least, yet this someone read a question I had about plastics and an idea I was tossing around and ran with it.  

Several people offered suggestions and tips, which were all good, and duly noted. (thank you too) However, this member took my idea to a much larger scale and even stepped up offering more than his own time, skills and knowledge, but he also made my everyday life one breath easier.  He never got that curtin rod installed on the home front but Hey He cant be the hero every day!

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Long story short. I wanted to personally say thank you to newer member"BRENDANP" or Brendan Proulx, who is about 20 min's north of Boston Mass.</span>

For those that dont care ....  I was tossing around an idea for using my rubber maid trash can on wheels as a small mobil work station for assembling various things, particuarly heavy 56 lbs internet satellite dishes.  I tried ply wood but kept getting splinters, etc.  I ended up using a card board box which was a disaster waiting to happen.  

I questioned if anyone had experience with plastics that might have a better solution for me.  Not only was Brendanp helpfull with ideas, but he has a real talent with tool/die machining work etc.  Just happened that he had close friend that delt with plastics.  

Brendanp helped me design my little project on a cad, and... AHEM, AHEM, AH FUGGIN HEM, built it to scale as well.  Not only did Brendan go way above and beyond the call of sharing knowledge, he used his skill's to make my idea come to life.

I now have a 36" better than cutting board plastic work bench that fits perfectly into my rubbermaid trashcan.  It can support the weight without effort and doesnt give me splinters.  I dont loose my small parts by accidental knock off's and it doesnt get damaged when I use cutting tools.  It has nice tool holders, pockets and is just perfect.  

Being attached to my trashcan I can spin it around to get to the other side without moving, it's the perfect height, and I can move it closer to the storage facility without having to haul all the boxes to the bench to assemble.  Did I mention that due to the type of material the "laser" cutters etc wouldnt work so he did the entire thing by HAND!

SO BrendanP has my it's great to do business with vote and welcome to the .ORG FAMILY!  everyone say hello to Brendan for me!

Pics of my newest mod.  Found out it works great for my R/C helicopters too.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149051034 -->

trashcan.jpg

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IF I DIDNT TELL YOU</span>

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>IT WORKS GREAT!</span>

<marquee><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>THANKS AGAIN!</span></marquee>
JD

I was a little confused at first and wanted to simply post one of those
rock.gif
emoticons, but NOW I UNDERSTAND what you are talking about. Good on ya brendanp. You fit right in with the family here. But guess what ICE?
rock.gif
As much knowledge that you pass on around here, it's no wonder that you would beget great things also.

rock.gif

Actually just had an idea. Nothing to do with this directly, but we should from now on refer to RSD's housemouse as "Rubbah Maid...."
biggrin.gif

Brendan is great people! (Course, Ice, so are you!)

This is the reason I am on this board everyday and do not hesitate to donate.

Maybe we need a shout out or a thank you board??

Maybe a most valuable board member nomination with a monthly or quartly winner?

Just a thought.

This is one of the main reasons I stick around..... What a great bunch of folks we have here.

Back