Bead Damage

Hi. Back in the olden days, front yard 3 screwdrivers a car with steel bumpers and a bumper jack to break the beed. That was my tire changer.

Tire Changer | General Bike Related Topics

#WhatDoYouMeanWas ~ #THEoRg *

200.gif

Last edited:
I have never installed tires when at the race track the tire reps would install and balance all tires ,this was in formula F -2000 when running motorcycles in the east coast I always went to my local dealer and worked out a deal ! All you have to do is ask for help and look for sponsors it’s not as hard as you think .

I've worked on tires on my lawn tractors and other power equipment and although they are a PITA, they have steel rims....I don't like to mess with the aluminum rims so much..
Hi. I never damaged an aluminum rim or a bead. I will not try that way on my magnesium rims. I will use the tire machine. A the track Goodyear did all the tires on my F 5000 Lola's magnesium rims.

Hi. I never damaged an aluminum rim or a bead. I will not try that way on my magnesium rims. I will use the tire machine. A the track Goodyear did all the tires on my F 5000 Lola's magnesium rims.
It would be my misfortune to damage one the first time I tried...

After all the years of riding and countless tires, I've yet to change one on a motorcycle...always taken them to the shop...

When I was racing, I had several spare rims with tires mounted...and the travelling pit teams had tire changers....they'd change my street bike tires too if I asked them.

I have never installed tires when at the race track the tire reps would install and balance all tires ,this was in formula F -2000 when running motorcycles in the east coast I always went to my local dealer and worked out a deal ! All you have to do is ask for help and look for sponsors it’s not as hard as you think .
Hi. What car did you run?

Hayabusa4Life, I’m in the Jacksonville area. I definitely wouldn’t mind cruisin’, but I would like a different bike. I bought the Busa for drag racing.

I have to accept losing the battle on this one and pay for installation, but will try again once my finances are back in good shape.

While I was installing the second bead, I did my best to ensure the rubber was lubricated with a mild solution of water/soap. Any suggestions on mixture or other products? It seems as though the tires dried out quite a bit.

Hayabusa4Life, I’m in the Jacksonville area. I definitely wouldn’t mind cruisin’, but I would like a different bike. I bought the Busa for drag racing.

I have to accept losing the battle on this one and pay for installation, but will try again once my finances are back in good shape.

While I was installing the second bead, I did my best to ensure the rubber was lubricated with a mild solution of water/soap. Any suggestions on mixture or other products? It seems as though the tires dried out quite a bit.
There is a product specifically made for tire mounting

Tyvm Bumble. It looks like there are a few options out there. I tried soapy water and that seemed to try too fast. Looks like I need to add this to my toolset.

Back