Best way to remove and replace fairing decals?

Gen3lover

Registered
I’m considering changing all my fairing stickers to a different color scheme on my 2022.
What’s the best way to remove the stickers without damaging anything?
I’ve heard about using WD-40 and letting it soak in for 15 minutes before peeling with a plastic razor.

What’s the best way to apply the new ones so they are straight and bubble-free?

I’m considering changing all my fairing stickers to a different color scheme on my 2022.
What’s the best way to remove the stickers without damaging anything?
I’ve heard about using WD-40 and letting it soak in for 15 minutes before peeling with a plastic razor.

What’s the best way to apply the new ones so they are straight and bubble-free?
Removal is best with a heat gun on a low setting and then followed up with mineral spirits to get any adhesive off.

Putting the new ones on is an art...one I've yet to master.....I can put smaller decals on and use You Tube videos as a tutorial as how to do it.

I'd advise doing this-watching a few You Tube tutorials....

Heat gun and goof off to remove the decal. But before removing the decal I used painters tape and sharpie to mark the corners where the decals are at. To install them, I used window tint application solution on the fairing and that allowed me to place the decal where I wanted. Once it was in the correct place, I used a squeegee with the felt/fabric edge to get all of the solution out and let it dry for a while. It’s important to be patient and take it slow.

Heat gun and goof off to remove the decal. But before removing the decal I used painters tape and sharpie to mark the corners where the decals are at. To install them, I used window tint application solution on the fairing and that allowed me to place the decal where I wanted. Once it was in the correct place, I used a squeegee with the felt/fabric edge to get all of the solution out and let it dry for a while. It’s important to be patient and take it slow.

This^
For the win!

Interesting the deals adhesive still works after a wet solution?
Yep I use to install door decals on our company trucks, we used mechanics hand soap and water without measuring the mixture, we just soaked a rag with water and squeezed a little soap on the rag and wiped the area with the rag and put the decal on, the soapy water allows you to slide the decal where ever you want it. Give it a wipe with a squeegee or credit card and done.

Back