Dyna bead

I have them in the big 330 fatty. The only thing I could do to balanced it. I used 3oz as recommended but think 5oz would have been better. Self balancing every time.

I had them on my truck. They worked in the front and they worked in the rear when the bed was loaded. They did not balance the rear when the bed was empty. I rotated the tires to ensure that it was the rear placement that was the problem and not the tire and rim assembly. They only work on live axle vehicles, so no hardtail choppers. I think the high weight of the rim and tire combined with the low weight of the unladen bed caused the back of the truck to act as a fixed axle.

I didn't try them on the Busa as they are more expensive than a regular balance at my local shop and as I replace the rear tire every 3000 miles or so it's not a cost effective option.

My local shop uses them in the Yamaha warrior as the rear rim is too large to fit their balance machine.

I would try them in a bike that got high mileage from it's tires.

If your only concern was cosmetic and not money, then they might be worthwhile.

I researched them and I uploaded a vid to youtube to refute people who believed the physics to be false.

Commercial trucks have use a similar product that is a hollow ring filled with mercury attached to a plate that bolts to the brake drum and the mercury has the same effect as the beads in the rim.

My shop charges 19$ to mount and balance a tire. 10 bucks cheaper than the dyna balls, if I used the dyna balls, I still would have to pay someone to mount the tires. On a Busa I think mileage is dertimined more by your right wrist and tire compound than extended riding on an unbalanced tire.

On a Goldwing or a low powered cruiser with high mileage tires I think they would be a good idea, or if you did not like the look of wheel weights.

cheers
ken

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not an issue and I'm sure others have speculated but at high speeds, 170+ could these balls blow through a tire?

Probably not an issue and I'm sure others have speculated but at high speeds, 170+ could these balls blow through a tire?

Each bead is tiny. I doubt a bead has enough mass to damage a tire.

You can see them inside the plastic tube as they pour into the valve stem.

dynabeads_010.jpg

cheers
ken

I dought it. They havent on mine yet:laugh: They are pain to install after the mounting....my finger ws sore for a few days after flicking that tube to take them down the valve stem. ( stem core removed before of course):thumbsup:

They work fine in my rear tire but I just haven't had any luck with them on the front... They worked fine up to about 95mph but anything over that and I get a sustained and very noticeable wobble in my front wheel.... had to go back to a standard stick on weight up front to correct the shake... I emailed the dyna bead folks and they responded that it sounded like I had a "vibration anomally." They said it had to be a vibration generating from somewhere on my frame (a loose mounting bolt or something on my frame could cause this according to them)-- this would not allow the beads to be able to balance because of this vibration anomally according to them.... so I just pulled them out of the front friday night and got it re-balanced with the standard weights saturday....

Love Dynabeads, use them on my K8, both front and rear(almost 20K miles now).:thumbsup:

Also use them on my 2WD Tacoma

A testimonial on the Dyna Beads website claims to be a Busa pilot with speeds over 190 using that product.

Problem I have is I mount my own tires and need to use some lube. You cannot use dynabeads if you apply any lube to the inside. :/

i love my dynabeads. ive used them for 2 years now. i just installed a 300 kit and ordered 4 ounces for the rear tire. the front ive always reused.

Love the dyna's. First time using them on 3.25.2011 started from another Busa rider's recommendations (brother in law). No problems, only put on 1000+ miles so far. Heavy twisties/canyon rider riding style. Been over 120mph no issues, super smooth. big fan where's that cheerleader icon thing...:cheerleader:

Problem I have is I mount my own tires and need to use some lube. You cannot use dynabeads if you apply any lube to the inside. :/
Use vegetable oil paste. It comes with tire changers when purchased and works perfectly on removal and installation of old and new tires, it drys so it wont effect dyno beads at all.

Ive used dyno beads for years with great success every time on all my bikes

Back