New Tires Shake

workin_ike

Registered
2014 busa, about 3,500 miles on it. Rode like glass. I get new Pirelli Angle GT tires in oem sizes and dyna beads. I have ran dyna beads in other bikes before so I wouldn't say it's that. But soon as I get the bike back, it shakes like crazy when approaching 120mph. Now, I don't ride that kind of speed much. But still something that I want fixed. Feels like the front. But could it be something wasn't aligned right when the tire guy put the bike back together? Not enough balance beads? Could it be a bad tire?

Might want to go with a more traditional balancing method. I use beads as well and have had good luck so far, but I don't claim they are as good as using a machine to do the job.

Quality tires now days are made very well and don't (usually) require a lot of weight to get them right. When I was putting the beads in my tires I started with less than 1/2 the weight recommend by the manufacturer (I use Counteract beads) went for a ride then added more. I ended up with about 1/2 the weight that was recommended and they do good up to as fast as the speedo will register.

My money would be on a balance issue. However I did once get a bad tire that vibrated straight from the dealer on day one. If the bike is aligned properly it's 99% either balance or bad tire.

Verify location of paint mark in relation to valve stem and verify bead uniformity. Generally where I would suggest to start, also clean the buttons on the front brake rotors and make sure they rotate freely.

I had this issue once and it was a rear Shinko I had to buy on a trip. Never used beads, never balance my tires.

Verify location of paint mark in relation to valve stem and verify bead uniformity. Generally where I would suggest to start, also clean the buttons on the front brake rotors and make sure they rotate freely.
What are the "buttons" your talking about?

Back