Baseline dyno prep

megawatt

Registered
Going to have three runs done tomorrow so I can have a baseline for my stock 06 with 2400 miles. I want to know what things I need to make sure I have done before hand and questions to ask/verify with the tuner before the runs.

I have read some topics about a tuner listing a dyno run at 250 ft BELOW sea level and other kinds of oops, so I would like to avoid mistakes or know if I should run away if he says things like Suzuki's are hard to determine torque numbers (read that on another post) yea right.

1) I am riding 25 miles to the tuner, what should my (hot) air pressure be at for the run?
2) Dyno run in 4th gear, right?
3) SAE or STD numbers?
4) Where should fan be blowing directly into the ram air ducts?
5) What questions do I ask the tuner to make sure he has the correct settings on the dyno?
6) What are the usual cost for 3x runs with A/F? First cost was $75 then I said I wanted to keep comming back to the same machine and tuner to verify numbers after mods. He said baseline run will be $40 if I keep coming back to him.
7) I will be running pump 91 octane.

Thanks in advance.

There are many tricks you can do to get better numbers. You can over inflate the rear tire, use race gas, and other stuff as well. You should dyno the bike just as you intend to ride it though. If you dont ride on the street with race gas, then dont dyno with it.

Back