05 Busa Dyno

Jimmy4765

Registered
Stock 05 Busa with Yoshi bolt ons, K&N in a stock air box and a 42 tooh rear sprocket. The red is the baseline run and the blue line is after the PCIII was installed. All runs were done in 6th gear. 165.6rwhp & 102.0rwtq. Also, notice that it is January 5th and it is 90*F!!! Do you think that getting the ignition module and putting some more timing to the bike would be benificial for my setup? Anyone in the Phoenix area, I HIGHLY recommended ECS Dyno!

<!--EDIT|Jimmy4765
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136755253 -->

Hayabusa_Dyno_Graph_Small.JPG

That must be one strong bike. I have a Yoshimura full system, K&N filter and PCIIIr and I only got 158.9 hp and 101 ft lbs on the Dyno?

I am running Royal Purple oil and did put a fresh set of Brisk plugs in it about 200 miles before it went to the dyno. Also, it is a custom map on the Power Commander, Im not sure how much more power that might be worth, but if you look @ the time between the baseline and the power run, there is alot of time betmeen them. Reason for it was that they spent a ton of time and did 7 more dyno runs on it trying to get the most power possible out of it and the end result is what you see. Im real happy with it and will stand by my numbers and mods. No funny business here. Thanks.
smile.gif

Nice numbers and A/F i talked to DJ and they told me ECS corrects to STD because that was within 1 hp of dynojets main dyno SAE numbers from a couple of bikes that went to DJ and ECS. Nice work guys. They said all dyno's read a little different what matters is A to B changes, same dyno, same day.

-

<!--EDIT|TurboProstreet
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137076151 -->

Nice numbers and A/F i talked to DJ and they told me ECS corrects to STD because that was within 1 hp of dynojets main dyno SAE numbers from a couple of bikes that went to DJ and ECS. Nice work guys. They said all dyno's read a little different what matters is A to B changes, same dyno, same day.

-
actually it depends on the weather station, I used to do mine in STD because my weather station was that far off, I finally corrected mine and now my SAE is what it is suppose to be. all you do is post the contions and it is easy to tell if the weather station is off.

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137084885 -->

smile.gif
it does seem a bit generous....but then again, just as some people might get a bad motor...others might get one a little better.

What fuel were you running? / and MAP? You didn't say if this wa a custom tune.

rock.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about the local air temp...especially in AZ. Humidity can fugg with a bike's numbers more easily than the air temp. I'ld take a 90*F AZ temp with a humidity level of 30~40 percent over an 80*F FL temp at 90 percent any day!

Plus...was the dyno indoors? Just cause it was 90 outside...doesn't mean it was the same inside.....lol In an A/C controlled shop is a bit unfair....hehehe.

No matter what we think or pick at... it's a good run, so savor it!
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137099839 -->

smile.gif
it does seem a bit generous....but then again, just as some people might get a bad motor...others might get one a little better.

What fuel were you running?  / and MAP?  You didn't say if this wa a custom tune.  

rock.gif

I wouldn't worry too much about the local air temp...especially in AZ.  Humidity can fugg with a bike's numbers more easily than the air temp.   I'ld take a 90*F AZ temp with a humidity level of 30~40 percent over an 80*F FL temp at 90 percent any day!

Plus...was the dyno indoors?  Just cause it was 90 outside...doesn't mean it was the same inside.....lol  In an A/C controlled shop is a bit unfair....hehehe.

No matter what we think or pick at... it's a good run, so savor it!  
cool.gif
it was custom tune can tell by the A/F and ECS is a killer shop.
Humidity and Temp is not the problem Altitude is.
Motorheads dyno thinks he is a 3K feet up and he is a lot lower his reads hig. mine used to read that I was 200 feet below sealeavel and I am at 670 above this is why mine ran low. and I have seens other way off that is why I asked what SAE was because it is easy to fiqure out if the weather station is off.]
PS and it is not the altitude the graph says it is the ablosute pressure number you go by.

I dont know the SAE #'s, and I was running 91 octane (Super Unleaded here in AZ). The temp was 90* outside and the dyno was inside but the place was not air conditioned nor is it really any different inside to out with the bay doors open. It is a custom map and yes, I do agree, ECS is a very good place to go for anything involving any type of tuning on any bike. My Busa does ride better than when it was new, IMO, and was worth every dime I put into getting the PCIII USB & custom tune. Like I said, Im not trying to BS anyone to make myself look better or whatever, and even I was a little suprised by the #'s but the sheet posted is the exact one I got from them. Maybe I do have a strong bike or maybe there is a difference in there dyno to another that makes theirs read different, either way, at least I got a gain from the PCIII. Thanks!  

You reach 11.000 rpm, and is a Busa of 2005, where's the limitation?
It's possible with a pcIII usb "pass" the restriction?

I dont know the SAE #'s, and I was running 91 octane (Super Unleaded here in AZ). The temp was 90* outside and the dyno was inside but the place was not air conditioned nor is it really any different inside to out with the bay doors open. It is a custom map and yes, I do agree, ECS is a very good place to go for anything involving any type of tuning on any bike. My Busa does ride better than when it was new, IMO, and was worth every dime I put into getting the PCIII USB & custom tune. Like I said, Im not trying to BS anyone to make myself look better or whatever, and even I was a little suprised by the #'s but the sheet posted is the exact one I got from them. Maybe I do have a strong bike or maybe there is a difference in there dyno to another that makes theirs read different, either way, at least I got a gain from the PCIII. Thanks!  
go back to 87 and you will bick up more HP and torque. and for SAE just tell them to click the button and print it out.

go back to 87 and you will bick up more HP and torque[/QUOTE]

Is 87 Octane what you recommend and use?

so to use 87 octane is better?  i used 87 when i first bought my bike and it knocked and sounded bad.  i started using 92 and it got rid of the knocking.  or are you saying that it is better to use 87 after you have a PC3 and custom tuned map?

<!--EDIT|TSgt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137352937 -->

on a stock compression motor 87 is what you are suppose to use in summer if I heard a ping I would go to 89 but 93 loss MPH and HP

well, my wallet can always use a few extra dollars...i'll try midgrade and see how she runs! thanks for the info!

so to use 87 octane is better?  i used 87 when i first bought my bike and it knocked and sounded bad.  i started using 92 and it got rid of the knocking.  or are you saying that it is better to use 87 after you have a PC3 and custom tuned map?
Trying using 87 from a different gas station. I used 87 from RaceTrack and it knocked. I then used 87 from Amoco and the knocking vanished.

Back