Help Me Understand

n_ikkon

Registered
Ok, I need help with this. I had my bike tuned and when I went the tuner gave me the numbers but I forgot to get a print out. So today I went back and he put the bike on the Dyno and did the run.

My bike is an 07, with PC, Muzzy full system, K&N Air Filter running 16/40, stretched, lowered and small airbox mod.

The numbers are the same as he told me before, but I dont know... as I am not a tuner or even close to that field.

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

What are your opinions?

Last edited:
They need to fix their dyno and you need to find another shop !
AF ratio is all over the place and no way your pwr figs should look like a seismograph.
It aint making 200hp thats for sure.
See nice clean power curve on mine.
What the heck is up with that sheet they gave you I dont know ?

There is a place called Jones Performance that some thnk good of up there.
But you can always ride to Miami to shop I go to.
A bit of a stretch but they are worth it >
http://www.blaiscycle.com/

Brocks.Marchesini dyno sheet.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys... I will definitely be going back to him about this and getting this fixed the right way.

By the way Blanca Busa... Nice numbers.

Thanks guys... I will definitely be going back to him about this and getting this fixed the right way.

By the way Blanca Busa... Nice numbers.

Did you pay him for this ?
If so politely ask for a refund and go elsewhere.
I cant see how someone who would give you that would be able to tune a bicycle much more a motorcycle.
For them to give you that squiggly thing and let you leave thinking its right shows one of two things.

No intelligence or no respect for yours !

My bike is 2009/GenII and they make more power than GenI .
I have seen close to 200hp from others with same mods I have.
But at that point I wont miss a few HPs.

Did you pay him for this ?
If so politely ask for a refund and go elsewhere.
I cant see how someone who would give you that would be able to tune a bicycle much more a motorcycle.
For them to give you that squiggly thing and let you leave thinking its right shows one of two things.

No intelligence or no respect for yours !

My bike is 2009/GenII and they make more power than GenI .
I have seen close to 200hp from others with same mods I have.
But at that point I wont miss a few HPs.

Agreed, but notice that the "Smoothing" is zero, I believe most print-outs show it as a 5. I'm guessing that explains all the ziggidy-zaggidy business there, but still, this is bad work. That horsepower number is way, WAAAAAAY off for the mods you have done. Dude either has no idea what he's doing, or he's blowin' smoke up your bum. Where did you get this "work" done?

I saw smoothing also .
Not there on mine so i was not sure what it meant but figured that's what it was .
If you draw a line straight thru middle of squigglies the numbers would be high 160s low 170s and that is about right for a GenI

smoothing wont correct that even with the slider maxed out...

and even if it could, the effect of using the smoothing would make the numbers worthless anyhow...

the dyno chart is pure garbage and unusable..

again, thanks for the feed back. I will definitely head back there tomorrow and have this rectified. This is why I wanted to ask. This looked weird to me, but again, I am not a mechanical person.
This is why I come here to often, to learn. lol
Hardly ever need to post because most of the answers are already here posted, just need to search for them. :whistle:

tell him "thanks for nothing". You would think they would save the loggs from each and every dyno run so they can just recall them at anytime.

It may not be a problem with the dyno per-se. A badly stretched chain will do that, or a very badly out of balance dyno drum. Putting the smoothing on is just hiding that, but not dyno readouts do put smooting (averaging) on to some degree. Check your chain first.

The operator should know that. Also, he should have measured against RPM on the x axis, not MPH. He was just lazy and didn't hook up the tach signal. Also, the A/F is not tuned anywere close to optimal, so consider the bike untuned. Bummer.

They need to fix their dyno and you need to find another shop !
AF ratio is all over the place and no way your pwr figs should look like a seismograph.
It aint making 200hp thats for sure.
See nice clean power curve on mine.
What the heck is up with that sheet they gave you I dont know ?

There is a place called Jones Performance that some thnk good of up there.
But you can always ride to Miami to shop I go to.
A bit of a stretch but they are worth it >
Blais Cycle South Florida's #1 High Performance Motor Cycle Services

this is what my curve looks like too... but it just goes a little higher:whistle::laugh:... try another shop.

It may not be a problem with the dyno per-se. A badly stretched chain will do that, or a very badly out of balance dyno drum. Putting the smoothing on is just hiding that, but not dyno readouts do put smooting (averaging) on to some degree. Check your chain first.

The operator should know that. Also, he should have measured against RPM on the x axis, not MPH. He was just lazy and didn't hook up the tach signal. Also, the A/F is not tuned anywere close to optimal, so consider the bike untuned. Bummer.

This is a good point, I guess this is why he wants to change the chain tomorrow. I will be heading back to him tomorrow and will let you guys know what happens.

This is a good point, I guess this is why he wants to change the chain tomorrow. I will be heading back to him tomorrow and will let you guys know what happens.

Get the run in SAE and smoothing 5 if he can't figure out how to run his dyno...

On any other air fuel monitor I wouldn't be so worried, but the Dynojet unit uses some pretty heavy data averaging/smoothing of the air fuel plot. (take a look at one of THEIR OWN on bike wide band readings while running on the dyno sometime - you'll see the on-bike display reading a vast array of rapidly changing values while the dyno screen reads almost rock steady) Therefore we know that the high and low values displayed are averages and that the actual highs and lows are are much higher and lower. Kinda scary.

this isn't to scary since the exhaust pulses out the exhaust past the sensor. You would never get a steady state reading.
On any other air fuel monitor I wouldn't be so worried, but the Dynojet unit uses some pretty heavy data averaging/smoothing of the air fuel plot. (take a look at one of THEIR OWN on bike wide band readings while running on the dyno sometime - you'll see the on-bike display reading a vast array of rapidly changing values while the dyno screen reads almost rock steady) Therefore we know that the high and low values displayed are averages and that the actual highs and lows are are much higher and lower. Kinda scary.

i had the same problem with my dyno readout. i was standing by the dyno drum and could feel the rear of the bike vibrating like the tire was severly out of balance, the tuner said my tire was out of balance. I didnt notice any vibration while riding the bike too or from the shop, and I took the bike up to 130 mph on the way home, no vibration.;???

Back