Barber for '09?

Re: Barber for '09?

Yikes, its a good thing Rich has all that money laying around.......

Heard thats why they call him......... RICH :rofl:

YH2K. Do you know if there's a local (to you) sportbike rental company that rents for trackday riders? If cost is going to become an issue, I'm already considering renting a bike for the 2 or 3 days, and just fly out there.

If there's 5 of us (BigO, Chaz, Me, Lamb and you) that's around $1400 from each of us?

Chaz will probably be on his own coming from Texas, the quote that he got was shipping a storage container, but they won't haul bikes with gas and oil in them.

When we get a date for the trip we can get to some serious #'s...one option is for me to haul my trailer out there and back with ALL the bikes and gear. Right now it would be....

BA BUSA
Big O
gtrpimp76
Lamb Busa
Devil Dog?

YH2K. Do you know if there's a local (to you) sportbike rental company that rents for trackday riders? If cost is going to become an issue, I'm already considering renting a bike for the 2 or 3 days, and just fly out there.

I'll see what I can come up with.

I think that Sport Bike Track time has a bike rental program...
I'll check them around the city in Birmingham.

Gimme a few and I'll post back up!

Striking out on bike rentals...

Checked with STT, nothing there.

Emailed NESBA, heard nothing back yet.

The company I work for has a business unit in Birmingham and I contacted some of the sport bike riders that work for us up there and asked about this idea..... crickets chirping was all I got.

I called one of the larger dealerships up there and they had nothing to add.

I'll keep digging but at this point things are slim. I was really counting on STT because back in March, they had some rentals at Barber but according to the SE Coordinator, they dont have room to bring them any more...

YH2K. thax for working so hard on the inquiries bro! Fortunately, it looks like Rich is entertaining the thought of driving his rig, along with Devil Dog riding shotgun/sharing driving duties. As long as that comes to fruition, I'm definitely "in" and My Gixx, as well as the rest of the Cali crew, will have bike/equipment transportation to Barber next year.

Anyhow....on with the 2009 schedule and the decision phase! :beerchug:

Striking out on bike rentals...

Checked with STT, nothing there.

Emailed NESBA, heard nothing back yet.

The company I work for has a business unit in Birmingham and I contacted some of the sport bike riders that work for us up there and asked about this idea..... crickets chirping was all I got.

I called one of the larger dealerships up there and they had nothing to add.

I'll keep digging but at this point things are slim. I was really counting on STT because back in March, they had some rentals at Barber but according to the SE Coordinator, they dont have room to bring them any more...

Well, where we at on this gents?

STT is releasing their schedule on Jan 1.

I recommend an Oct date, less humidity, cooler and less tropical weather potential!
I would not recommend anything between July and Sept.

Just did an Oct Barber date and it was magnifique!

Anyway..... regardless.... say when!

Just booked back into Barber on March 14th.
Probably not going to take Mr. Busa this time though, hoping to have a Duc or R1 by then....

Be nice to meet some .oRg folks out there this time!

Sounds like it would be a good meet Randy. Hope you have a great time on the 14th regardless, and you know the :rulez: ; that's right sleeveless pix bro :laugh:

I'm most likely going to sign up with NESBA this year. They are the only ones that go to Barber, VIR, and Road America. I'm going to try to hit those 3 this year.

NESBA's schedule has been released at nesba.com. They will be other dates added I know. They are ending the year at Barber again.

I'm most likely going to sign up with NESBA this year. They are the only ones that go to Barber, VIR, and Road America. I'm going to try to hit those 3 this year.

Road America...... nice!
Dont think I can swing a drive to Wisconsin....

We (me and my troupe of misfits) are not sure of it but we are penciling in a trip to Road Atlanta in perhaps May. NESBA will get the nod there so I might wind up being a member with them sometime in '09 - never joined them in the past.
We need some time on another track, Barber is not getting old or anything, we just need some change...

Barber in October is nearly a sure thing, last October was just TOO NICE not to do it again!

Last edited:

Sounds like it would be a good meet Randy. Hope you have a great time on the 14th regardless, and you know the :rulez: ; that's right sleeveless pix bro :laugh:

Done deal sir, be nice if you could slip down and visit us on the 14th. I dont know if you've ever been to Barber but if not, the museum alone is well worth the drive!

To gtrpimp and the rest of the Cali crew trying to come out...I will be scheduling one of my 2 weeks of vacation around october so I can do this event. Fell thru last year but with all the .Org members trying to make it to this one, I cant pass it up!

Will try and drag ole LONE out there with me as well.
Just keep us posted on the best date to make it!

Busa Chemist.....

I was hoping to meet ya but now that I finally paid attention and see that you have a Graves Yamaha R1 I am not so sure that I want my a** beat that bad...:beerchug:

Busa Chemist.....

I was hoping to meet ya but now that I finally paid attention and see that you have a Graves Yamaha R1 I am not so sure that I want my a** beat that bad...:beerchug:

Im not gonna sugar coat it, its a QUICK BIKE!! Sluggish at times coming out of corners if i'm not geared properly for the track, but straight-aways are where I chase down the prey!

REALLY lookin forward to doin Barber!
Lots of things going on in my life right now and no street legal bike to ride, track season cant get here fast enough!!

Im not gonna sugar coat it, its a QUICK BIKE!! Sluggish at times coming out of corners if i'm not geared properly for the track, but straight-aways are where I chase down the prey!

REALLY lookin forward to doin Barber!
Lots of things going on in my life right now and no street legal bike to ride, track season cant get here fast enough!!

All kidding aside, be great to meet ya and I promise you'll LOVE Barber!
I am looking forward to March 14th, already running laps in my mind as I fall asleep each night...... I am faster that way:rofl:

I am having to learn how to ride my R1 on the track as well...used to the TQ of the Busa and the R1 has none.

What kind of numbers did your 04 lay down?

Just put in for vacation over Oct 19th - 25th.
SportBikeTrackTime.com is running Barber on 24th and 25th.
If I do it, it wil have to be one day, the 24th, so I can get back to Texas on Sunday.

Arrghh it cant get here fast enough!

And VMAN, im still runnin in Group 2 with the R1.
I DID time a few laps around Texas World Speedway my last trip to the track last season and I wasnt too far off avg. lap pace that some of the top 10 guys were puttin down on their R1's...so im gettin there!

Will consider going thru the CMRA licensing process this year! (finances permitting)

i may be makin a visit to runn Barber with you guys.... still lookin at October??

Last edited:
Back