7/12-13 stt
7/26-27 Foribama riders
8/16-17 nesba
9/6-7 stt
9/27-28 nesba
10/11-12 nesba
10/25-26 stt
11/8-10 nesba

Well that is AWESOME, more than 50% of the dates matched the same weekends in 2007 and 2008. Which means odds are that 2009 will duplicate. So in September when I start to bid leave, I'll see what is available to me, contact Rich/Ryan/Brian/Owen and any other west coasters who will definitely go and work out a date.

The dates that matched are;
1st weekend in Mar nesba
3rd weekend in Mar stt
Last weekend in Apr nesba
2nd Fri/Sat in May stt
2nd weekend in Jun stt
Last weekend in Jun nesba
2nd weekend in Jul stt
3rd weekend in Aug nesba
Last weekend in Oct stt
2nd weekend in Nov nesba

Im cool with any of the dates between June and August. I won't be able to take nearly two weeks off when school is in session, or I'll get kicked out of the RN program.

Until my vacation bidding starts in Sep/Oct/Nov selecting dates are on hold. Of course the months you can make or also the most highly bid vacation days
sad.gif
But I'm hopeful that out of 4 possibile dates, I can bid one of them
beerchug.gif

Phase 1 complete.

Start Phase 2, how the heck we get out there and how the heck our bikes get out there
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Guys, I live 3.5 hours south of the track.
If there is ANYTHING you need from this end I stand ready to help!

depending on which weekend you guys land on (week on/week off), i'll be there if my schedule cooperates
beerchug.gif

Allright,
I'm bidding my vacation time today, round 1, and I took a stab at the weekends of August 15th and 16th and June 6th and 7th.

Since gtrpimp76 starts RN school and he was good for July and Aug. Hopefully NESBA's calendar, which comes out in December, shows August 15th and 16th in Barber!! :cheerleader:

Last edited:
Re: Barber for '09?

My home track..... and all this cast of riders there too.....

I'd recommend avoiding the mid-summer humidity.... book early in the Spring or later in the year AFTER hurricane season.... but I'll not miss this for the world either way! I think I can have us a spot with some A/C in the paddock.

I EXPECT that all the south eastern Busa riders will be there for this one! Surely, I dont need to mention any names!

Allright,
I'm bidding my vacation time today, round 1, and I took a stab at the weekends of August 15th and 16th and June 6th and 7th.

Since gtrpimp76 starts RN school and he was good for July and Aug. Hopefully NESBA's calendar, which comes out in December, shows August 15th and 16th in Barber!! :cheerleader:

I will put in for my week of vacation to encompass Aug 15th and 16th. My vacations are VERY tentative and can be moved around a lot, but I only have (2)-1 week vacations each year, not including random days off I might catch.

Lookin forward to this one since I missed this years!!

Grrr! I thinking this is definitely going to happen and I'm going to HAVE to do it! It was the pics and graphics of the track...I couldn't help it! I can pick my vacation weeks as late as Jan or Feb next year. Once the dates come out I'll know more.

Last edited:
Lamb has checked all the "big box" companies. The companies that let you fill a storage container and they ship it out. Anyway, they don't go to Alabama. None of them. Thought for sure this was going to be the best way to get the bike out. Damn!

Lamb has checked all the "big box" companies. The companies that let you fill a storage container and they ship it out. Anyway, they don't go to Alabama. None of them. Thought for sure this was going to be the best way to get the bike out. Damn!

Will figure out a way to get your POS Hunda out there, even if I have to haul it myself :moon:

You cant swing a dead cat around here without hitting one of them PODS containers!
They are everywhere... but I just called them and they wont let us ship the bikes inside the container. Something about flammable material....

Dang... I'll keep digging...

Going forward, if we need a destination address to which we will ship anything let me know and I'll take care of that. Like I said, you DO have someone on this end to help!

You cant swing a dead cat around here without hitting one of them PODS containers!
They are everywhere... but I just called them and they wont let us ship the bikes inside the container. Something about flammable material....

I got a quote for the PODS, not mentioning bikes :whistle: , it was $3636 one way with a minimum 7 day transport. $7272 round trip and we'd have to not mention the bike fact. Plus additional $$ for crates to put the bikes into.

Yikes, its a good thing Rich has all that money laying around.......

Heard thats why they call him......... RICH :rofl:

Back