BAD vibrations!!!!! please tell me i didnt waste 14k.

Sorry Guys I apologize, i have been out of the loop. I work 12 hrs a day and dont have a reminder on my phone set up for this yet. I assure you I DO NOT HAVE A ZX14. I Honestly respect the thoughts and answers from you guys and definitely need this resolved. i see all the vids of busa's ripping through the mph, mine just for some reason doesnt feel like it pulls as fast after 120 mph. I promise you im not crazy. A neighbor actually has a 13 Busa, i had his wife start it up because he wasnt home and it felt like some vibes at 4500, but i didnt get to ride it. I understand lol theyve never met me....

But when i hit anything over 5500 rpm its a constant vibe much more than a little bit. I am going to try to see a Svc manager friend of mine who works at Lexington motorsports in KY. He said he and his A tech will check it out. I will post what he finds. Its a good ride down there so i will have to take a weekend trip.

Last edited:
Wow! Why would you guys think i have a freakin Kaw. I hope you dont think that only certain people can own a Busa. What makes you think i am lying about the bike that i always wanted? To be honest im kind of disappointed. I always signal or salute when i meet other riders but i bet youre one of the ones that dont do it back. imho the 14 is UGLY!!! But you think what you want. No worries i will join a different forum. And to think I have 11 years in the 82nd Airborne division serving and defending my country 2 different times in combat and i get to deal with jerks who dont believe i have a certain bike.....where do you base your thoughts from?

To the guys that had real responses, thank you im just annoyed by my bike and hope my dealer stands by me and trys to figure it out.

Here is a suggestion for your problem:

1.) Update your profile, so we know your location.
2.) Ask here on the forum if anyone lives in your area.
3.) Meet up with a member close to you.
4.) Do a base line vibration check between your bike and the members bike.
5.) Decide if you have a problem or not.
6.) Take it back to the dealer if you have established that you really have an issue.

Wow! Why would you guys think i have a freakin Kaw. I hope you dont think that only certain people can own a Busa. What makes you think i am lying about the bike that i always wanted? To be honest im kind of disappointed. I always signal or salute when i meet other riders but i bet youre one of the ones that dont do it back. imho the 14 is UGLY!!! But you think what you want. No worries i will join a different forum. And to think I have 11 years in the 82nd Airborne division serving and defending my country 2 different times in combat and i get to deal with jerks who dont believe i have a certain bike.....where do you base your thoughts from?

To the guys that had real responses, thank you im just annoyed by my bike and hope my dealer stands by me and trys to figure it out.

Don't take it personally. When new users sign up and post stuff like that, it's been flame bait / trolling in the past.

You could be legit, you could be trolling, there's really no way to know based on forum posts.

This forum is actually really mild compared to many vehicle forums.

Check the oil level on it too. I just completed the 4000 mile service on my 2013 and here is what I found. After draining and replacing the oil (service guide says oil only for this service) I noticed that the bike was much, much smoother than before. Even the 4500rpm vibration was smoother than before. It was not terrible previously, but it was so much better after the oil change. So, I went back and measured the oil that came out of the bike and found that it was just over 4 quarts. Taking into account that there was still oil in the filter, it is safe to assume that there was a total of approximately 4.25 quarts of oil in engine.

The dealership did the first service on it, including oil and filter change, and I am guessing that they just dumped a full 4 quarts into the bike and called it done in spite of the fact that it should have only taken 3.25 quarts. There was at least one other thread on this forum (https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/181248-gen-ii-handlebar-vibration-issue-simple-stupid.html) in which a user found that his bike had an excessive vibration after inadvertently over filling it. It would certainly make for a quick and easy check to see if your oil level is over full.

On a separate note, thank you for your service and sacrifice. I live just outside of Fort Bragg (home of the 82nd Airborne Division) and see first hand every day the strength and courage of the soldiers that serve; it is greatly appreciated.

Just kidding with you, I like to mix it up from time to time have you checked the condition of the tires? Tires could be out of balance also.

Honestly I believe the Vibrations are rpm related. The shifter and footbrake Vibrate like crazy at 5500 rpm.

I will update my profile guys im sorry i am just trying to get this bad boy smoothed out!!!!

Have you had any powder coating done? Maybe to the pegsets?
Sometimes when people do they leave the rubber bushings in the brackets when they bake them.
This makes them hard and brittle. When replaced vibes that did not exist before can.

Aren't there lemon laws to protect you?

Even if you have to travel a few hours to have a different authorized shop look at it I would do that.

We always joke that the 4500 rpm vibe is to tell you to hang on because she is about to wake up. Once you move through that range it should be smooth. I would demand a new bike.

Back