BAD vibrations!!!!! please tell me i didnt waste 14k.

Check engine mounts as it mentioned above.Engine and exhausts should be isolated from the frame as they do vibrate.If theres even a small contact point between them then all the vibrations will pass to the frame

For instance if mufflers were tightly tighten on the footrests base with no elastic absorbers between them vibrations will pass to the frame

It is very common (among both 1st and 2nd gen busas) that a harmonic vibration occurs at the 4500 RPM mark, although it generally smooths back out as you approach 5000 RPM. That being said, even though it is noticeable, it should not be uncomfortable. On my 2013, it serves as a gentle reminder that I have hit cruising speed; 4500 RPM is where I hit 75mph, as verified by GPS and not the inaccurate speedometer.

If the vibration you are feeling is anything more than "different, but not bad" then I would seriously consider locating another dealership or a more experienced mechanic to verify that there are no serious issues.

only 6 posts, no more replys..do we maybe have a zx14r owner who joined the board to mess with the Busa rep after he probably got beaten by one?

I read his post again and it does sound like he's talking about a 4500 rpm vibration.

my bike is a bit rougher in that rpm range, but i fixed it by changing my sprockets so i don't enter that range during cruising. It was a slight vibration, nothing as extreme as he's mentioning though.

Something to think about, he may be used to winding that R-1 all the time, never feeling any of that bikes vibrations at certain rpm and when he got on the Busa, was reluctant to open it up, rightly so and just was cruising all the time probably in the 4500 rpm range or he's a troll.

Should vibrate badly but there was a technical bulletin i believe for the clutch.
My 13 has a slight judder as you 1st engage the clutch but its not engine vibration.
Its a warranty issue...push the dealer harder and if theres no joy get them to contact Suzuki US and be prepared to go to a lawyer...no point having a 500lb+ paperweight.

My 2012 is just like it was said before, smooth like butter. It's also fast even when it is standing still. If you are a service manager, you have experienced someone coming in demanding their service be done right. Stop being afraid and demand your bike be checked out in detail to find out what is wrong. Man Up! then you will find out that you made the right purchase.

Well here is my opinion on this. First the factory tires. These tires are junk, Next is the tune up. If you want a smooth running bike you have to fix both these problems.

Don't you have a law in the US that if you buy something and it's not fit for purpose they have to give you a new one or your money back.
Or you can have it fixed but if it is still no good you can't exchange it for a new one they just try to fix it.

Could be a couple setup things. Possible throttle body sync, bad ECU flash, or something not aligned/balanced. You mentioned the clutch engagement, could be something wrong in there. I would definitely go to another dealer.

Thats what I was thinking. It vibes pretty bad. It is not smooth at all, but do i go through Suzuki, My dealer doesnt want to mess with it I am assuming. They said they checked the motor mounts, but I assure you its very abnormal. Ive ridden harleys with less vibrations.

ok houston now thats a problem if it vibrates more than a harley... could the motor be cockeyed in the frame??? we gotta find out the answer to this

any chance you can find another busa rider to just run it around the block. since your new to the machine that might make it easier to understand if you have someone ride it that is familiar with what it feels like

He quickly pulled his foot off and said "What the Heck was that?" long story short the tech ended up telling me this is normal and Suzuki said its just like that. QUOTE]

Yeah , Of course he said that's normal . He's a Yamaha guy . If that was normal then it would b the best selling bike for 14 years. There is something wrong with THAT bike !

Shakes like a Harley......

Dealership says nothing is wrong with it....

Continually praises the R1.......

Sorry boy but I gotta raise the flag on this thread :bs:

I have gen 2, it's smooth it has some vibration, but not like you are describing.
I can ride it all day long.
Do you have grinding noise from clutch?
Also check if they did the recal on the AbS??.
On mine, they did the recall while it wasn't sold yet.maybe they forgot to bolt on something.
2013 ABS has recal for the ABS.

Something is very wrong, I have ridden many bikes including several R1s and the Busa is the smoothest bike out of allof them. I would not ride it until the dealer figures it out. Good luck!

GenII buses have a vibe at 4500 but it should quickly dissipate and smooth out.
Please peel back the rubber cover on the mirror mounts and check the bolts. After almost two years I was doing some work non related and in process discovered one of the mirror bolts was loose. Tightened it up and the vibe was gone. I have a thread here somewhere on this exact same vibe. Mine was an 09.

Back