Bad Lunch Break

See, if Mike Vick was your neighbor, the pet population would be under control and you would not have had that problem!!

beerchug.gif

I know I will get flamed for that, but I had to do it.

Thats why I have an axe handle, samurai sword and a 12-gauge by the garage well within reach and in that particular order so if the axe won't knock its F%$#@! head off, I go with the sword- and if that don't work, its the 12 gauge. Luckily the axe handle is the only thing I had to use so far...

Kudos...

the dog is still alive and can be reassigned to a potentially better home; certainly a more responsible one.

Otherwise, if it's simply mean-spirited, animal control can put it down in a humane fashion.

Come to think of it, your neighbors may need to be 'put down' as well. ;)

Glad no one got hurt.

I think you did what you had to do at the time, and I agree that you might want to go and talk to them and at the very least let them know where fido is........ Hopefully they will understand and there won't be any hard feelings between you......

You did the right thing.

I also have a neighbor 2 house down that their pit bulls got out constantly. They are good dogs and I could usually go outside and call them and they would follow me back to their house..i would knock and the owner would come out and get them.

....but one time too many they got out and my wife has a fear of dogs and she was pissed (we have a 6 and 8 y.o. girls), she call cops they come and take them to the house. Couple of days go by guy said man my dogs got out and cost my $800 in fines.

Couple of more nights go by and they get out at 4:00 am. I have a daughter with autism and she is hard enough to get to sleep as is. 2 of the pits got out and are at my fencing raising all kinds of he77 with my boxer waking up everybody....wife call cops.

Dogs have not been out since. Wonder what that one cost him?

No matter what the dog is...sometimes things just happen and kids can get hurt. It is better to keep them under check.

If you own a freaking PitBull, you better darn make sure the thing dont get loose! Those people who own it should get a 500.00 fine!
So many pitbull owners are morons... I have owned many of big dogs and never have they bit or went after a person in an aggressive way. It is all in the way you bring them up.

Around here, you dont get any 2nd chances. If you have a breed that the city considers "vicious" and they get out, they go to animal control and get put down. End of story, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Around here, you dont get any 2nd chances. If you have a breed that the city considers "vicious" and they get out, they go to animal control and get put down.  End of story, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
See, and that is what I mean about the owners being idiots. And before you start to
firedevil.gif
me, I dont me everyone!
The dog gets put down cause the owners are a putz!

absolute right thing to do, those kind of people should own a pit !!! having said that i probably would have shot it because my job doesn`t tolerate being late
guns.gif
guns.gif
lol1.gif
lol1.gif

guns.gif

lol1.gif

You did the right thing. I have 2 rotts and a doberman, and although they are not mean, I make sure they stay in my fenced in yard. Accidents happen, but with certain breeds, comes a big responsibility. I have been around a few pitbulls and all have been very friendly, but they can go the other way too. Used to have a neighbor who had a beautiful pit who would show up at my door at least once a week just to say hi. I always took him home and told the neighbor to keep him locked up. One day he got peppered by a car and is no more. At least what you did allows the owner to possibly make sure the dog doesn't get out again. If he is aggressive like you said he is , then perhaps he should be put down anyways.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
ibified @ Jan. 14 2008 said:
1266476[/ATTACH] PM]
Around here, you dont get any 2nd chances. If you have a breed that the city considers "vicious" and they get out, they go to animal control and get put down.  End of story, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
Same here, in the city limits of Springfield and some surrounding county area all Pits have to be registered, chiped, spayed/neutered, and kept in a (non jumpable) fenced yard. $1000 fine for violating any of the above.
Zero tolerance policy.

You did the right thing. I wouldn't say anything to them, they should be glad the dog didn't actually bite you. That's grounds for a hella lawsuit these days

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Adam, relax buddy. I`d shot that dog first and then confront the owner. Dogs attacking me at my property... Hell no!
firedevil.gif

You did the right thing Adam you shouldn't worry about. Just thank God your son wasn't outside and he got attacked. Your nighbores should know what they have.

I am a dog lover and generally like them more than people.

With that said if my Doberman got out and I wasn't around to get her back in I would full expect someone to do just what you did. 100% dude, you called that one right.

Well you at least called the PD...I would of ended it right there without taking the time to call anybody until after the fact. Too many kids in my neighborhood for me to feel safe going inside to make a call while the dog is on the loose.

i had the same problems with my nieghbors the "had" two chows about half a block down the road and they would always chase anyone on a bycicle or skateboard my lil bro's who im pretty pretective of and i came home from work around 1030 at night and the gold one chased me back into my car and i didn't have a cell phone at the time so i waited a few minutes and it did it again and i had changed at work so i was in flip flops and board shorts and a tshirt so there was no maybe i can kick it without and scare it off kinda deal so i had to slam it in reverse and hit it i didn't kill it i went down and told the owner and almost had a war on my hands for a few months until the black one got hit by a car and the one that i hit finally bit someone and animal controll finally put it down after numerous complaints so i don't think that i would tell the neighbors if your not close with them i wouldn't worry about it most people think of their dogs as they do their children so so chances are your screwed either way i just wouldn't talk to them unless they say something to you

Back