Bad Lunch Break

rubber2burn

Donating Member
Registered
Had a bad lunch hour thought I would share and find out what you guys would have done.  So I caged it into work this morning but at lunch time I decided to go home and grab the Busa.  So I pull up in my drive way and get out of the truck next thing I know I have the Pit Bull running at me so I got clear of him and went in the house to eat lunch and while the wife made me a sandwich I remembered I needed my jacket so I ran back outside to get my jacket out of the truck and again the Pit charged me so I called the Local Animal control and told them that they need to come get the dog so I could get out of my drive with out the dog attacking me and I was on a limited time line and if they could not get out there fast enough I was going to have to put down the dog myself.  Well not more than 5 minutes later the Local PD Shows up and it was a female officer and the dog charges her as well so she pulls her stun gun I tell her I am going inside to get what I need so I can go back to work and she tells me she is calling for back up.  So I went inside and grab all my stuff and got back out side and her back up had already showed up they grab the dog and put it in the back of the car to take it to the pound.  Now here is were I say it is a bad lunch break I know were the dog lives and but I do not know the owners very well and they were not home or I would have tried to get their attention to have them put the dog up.  I really hated to call the PD and have their dog taken away because I really make an effort to get along with my neighbors as I don't want any trouble.  So I think I did the right thing what do you folks think. Also forgot about this they family that owns the dog has been warned already about keeping the dog on a leash or in the fence not to mention I have a 5 year old and most of my neighbors have kids that are my sons age.  So again do you guys think I did the right thing?

you did the right thing. I had a rott that used to get out. nothing ever happened, but he scared the neighborhood. I'd feel like crap if he ever attacked a little kid. they may not look at it that way, but you have to do what you have to do.

You did the right thing. Credit to you.
I'm thinking that I might have taken a different approach and it would have involved my two friends - Smith & Wesson... especially if I had young ones in the house. So, I'm going to try to learn from what you did.
Thanks,
Mark

They have already been warned. Now the city can "officially" warn them. You did the right thing.

pit or anyother dog i would of did the same if the owners wouldnt man up and keep them locked on their own property and they charged me or my family
beerchug.gif
to you for helping out the neighborhood

You definetly did the right thing, it's good you came home and he chased you, just think if it had been one of your kids, or somebody elses, you might have been telling a different story right now. Don't blame yourself for someone else's negligence. Be glad you were there, you probably prevented someone from being attacked.
thumb_up.gif

You did the right thing. If you or any other neighbor had already tried to get the owners to secure their animal, this is definitely justified.

The only reason I feel bad is because it may stir up trouble and also I like dogs and hate to see any dog in the pound thanks for the reassurance that I did the right thing guys. I think when I get home I may go and talk to the neighbors house to explain what happened and why I had the LEO's come get the dog what do you guys think of that or do you think it is best to leave it alone?

Absolutely the right thing to do, YOU are the man responsible for the safety of your household.
thumb_up.gif

If your neighbors are responsible people, by all means go and talk to them, but, if they are A$$HOLES, I say that because if they have a dog that is dangerous, and thier not taking the proper precautions to keep him from running loose, then you may want to let sleeping dogs lay.

Absolutely you did the right thing.  The owners are not responsible, so someone has to step up.  What's sad is that it's people like them that give breeds like pitbulls a bad name.

I'm as big an animal lover as you'll ever meet, but if a pitbull or any other large breed dog comes up to me thats not on a leash and is acting in a threatening manner, I'm gonna let him say hello to my lil friend.

You did the right thing. In fact, you did better than I would have. I would have just shot the animal and went on my way.

I don't do well being attacked in my own yard.

I think you showed tremendous restraint... could have been a grandchild or a child

Let it die and don't bother approaching the neighbors at all. They will be licking their wounds about the whole thing and may be d!cks about it to you..

If you know the people, go tell them what happened unless you think there will be a confrontation. You didn't do anything wrong, the neighbor that was not in control of their animal was 100% at fault. If you told the police where the owners lived they will notify them for shure. I love dogs and I would have done the same thing.

The dog got off easy.

I dont take kindly to dogs attacking me. kind of pisses me off. There would not have been need to call the police.

So I think the dog and the owners got off easy by the police taking it to the pound

Back