Sad day in the hood

ditchdr

Registered
So today after work i was out talking with my neighbor about a deck job he wants some help on (money is money), it was him, his little dog their big dog, and a small puppy that they got for his little girl. He goes in the house leaving the 3 dogs out side as he always does. Been living here over 2 months and have never seen the dogs leave the yard and they listen to him at all times.

Anyhow I have backed my trailer into the drive way and i'm starting to unload my truck when I hear a dog yelp. At first I thought I had stepped on the puppys foot but it was way worse.

I look up and there is a pit bull in their front lawn attacking the puppy. Well the little of his 2 dogs jumps in to save the puppy. I drop all I had in my hands and run over there to get the dog off the puppy and the other dog. But i was to late. The pit had the dog by its throat and was shakng it like a rag doll then she flew across the lawn and landed under a shrub. Then it went after the puppy again. I guess my neighbor saw what was going on cause as I was grabbing at the puppy I hard the screen door slam then in a blurr I see the pit get knocked back a good 10 feet. I put the puippy in the house and cheked him just a few bite marks and is shaking cause it is so scared but other wise ok. I run back out and see my neighbor chasing the pit down the street with a bat. I go to check on the other dog but she was killed. Cops were called and they spent a few hours looking the the pit but came up empty handed. We were told if it comes back to call them. It is considered a dangerous animal and they can shoot on sight if needed. ( were not allowed ot discharge a fire arm in city limits)..

I feel bad for them cause a dog was lost, but I am beyond pissed cause that could have been a kid that happened to.

I mean really who in the hell has a dog like that as a pet? I understand protecting the family, but this dog came into their yard and attacked them. I hope thye find the owner and send his ass to jail. People who raise a dog to act like that have no place in this world.

Thats bad indeed. Sorry for your neighbors little girl. I hope it all works out.

pits are dog aggressive not people aggressive which is why they make terrible police dogs. supressing genes like that is no easy feat. they like to fight other dogs.

I watched a pit run right into someones house and kill their little dog last year. it was very sad. when the pit came out of the house it just walked up to me and layed down and wanted me to pet him. had no fear of me or aggression. almost shot it when it came out of the house thinking it was gonna attack me. its tail was wagging so I knew it wasnt coming after me.

pits get a bad rep mainly because they have very large liters and many of the pups are misplaced or made into junk yard dogs and simply made miserable to fight other dogs while the two legged animals place wagers on which dog will win. but even a well behaved pit around people can and will often attack another dog.

Those pits are bas news when trained badly.My german shepherd was attacked when I was a kid by a pit and he fought him off pretty well but the pit took over and I beat the ever loving crap out of that pit.I am glad to hear that it wasnt a child but sucks that a puppy was killed.My neighbor had a pit and it would always bark and charge at the fence when we are out in the back yard.I warned my neighbor if he ever comes across the fence, he will be shot on sight and buried in the woods.I hate it when people miss treat animals and make them do harmThe owners need a good ass whooping as well.

Good dogs and bad dogs.... don't be ignorant say they are bad dogs. I have owned pits for over 30 years. I will always have at least one pit in my home. I have six Kids and all the guests you can fit in one home and other dogs.
Pits are just like any other dog, but they give 110% to anything they do. If it is playing sleeping loving hunting or fighting 110%. Bad dogs should be put down and the people that use bad dogs should also be put down.

Please don't say pits are bad, because for everyone you hear about there are thousands you don't because they are good...

We busa owners know this... if one busa owner does stupid crap does that mean we all do?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Don't blame the breed blame the irresponsible azzhat person behind the dog.

As the owner of a Rottie for 14 years and a Pit for the last 7 it is not the dogs fault. In fact our Daschund is much more vicious than our Pit.

I dont blame the dog for doing it. Well I do, not like a dog is born knowing right or wrong. I know many friends with pits and they are the sweetest dogs I have ever met. This one was used for something other then as a pet I am sure. People who take a dog and make them mean are the worst.

That is sad.
Pit bulls are banned here in England, but now people here are training Staffs to attack people.

all pit's are not bad, i know they have a bad rap, i hate to hear that bro, i hope the dog is found. i've owned pits my whole life, you have your good ones and bad ones of course. here's mine after the wife put clothes on them for Halloween, i know my man card got revoked lol, but these have the proper training and love. socialize them as much as possible, every time i bring them out people are afraid of them but after a few minutes they realize not all are bad dogs, but once again i hate to hear what happened man.

DSCN2386.jpg

I see a lot of them around here. Usually tied to the corners of trailers or near the front and rear doors :whistle: I've never been attacked but treat them with great respect. Saved one that had been tied with a log chain to a tanker once.

if my dogs got loose, which i would never let that happen but if they did and they wonder onto someone's property, i would expect them to be good mature people and see that they have dog tags and would call me to let me know that they broke loose out of the house, if they attacked it is a different story, but God help the person that shot my dog just because it walked onto your property, it wouldn't be a lawsuit i tell yeah that. i grew up back in the country side around people just like that, it's a way of living back there, but it's still not right. there's my 2 cents:thumbsup:

300 Win Mag. I keep my dogs up and in my yard. If one wonders in my yard for to long, well...

We've had this discussion before. I'm sorry I don't agree. Whether a pit CAN be good or bad is not this issue; what IS the issue is that it's 160 pounds of all muscle with the ability to take down a full gown man (woman, CHILD, or most any other dog). Too many people have been attacked and hurt by pits that just 'go off' with out explanation. Warning your neighbor that their pit is dead meat if it gets in your yard is too much 'after it's too late'. I'm sure that plenty of the pit owners here are responsible people, but you can't watch your dog 24/7. Killing the dog brings no satisfaction after it kills/maims your child, and "I'm sorry I don't know what happened" won't cut it. I dont' believe in having dogs that can't be fought off. Having said that, I'd give the owner a chance to get their dog - with ONE warning. Not sure I"d tolerate repeats with a 10 year old child.

if my dogs got loose, which i would never let that happen but if they did and they wonder onto someone's property, i would expect them to be good mature people and see that they have dog tags and would call me to let me know that they broke loose out of the house, if they attacked it is a different story, but God help the person that shot my dog just because it walked onto your property, it wouldn't be a lawsuit i tell yeah that. i grew up back in the country side around people just like that, it's a way of living back there, but it's still not right. there's my 2 cents:thumbsup:

Not trying to start anything here, but. I agree, not all are bad, my cousin had one and he kept him in the house with him and his wife, the older he got the more agressive he became. I was a volunteer fireman for many years and one first responder call I went on we came up on a dead child, the family pit had got the child by the neck and shook him to death. I never went on another call after that. If a dog came into my yard and had a collar, I probably would try to run it off first, but if it didnt, and acted agressive, I know what I would do. I am sorry we have different views as does everyone.

We've had this discussion before. I'm sorry I don't agree. Whether a pit CAN be good or bad is not this issue; what IS the issue is that it's 160 pounds of all muscle with the ability to take down a full gown man (woman, CHILD, or most any other dog). Too many people have been attacked and hurt by pits that just 'go off' with out explanation. Warning your neighbor that their pit is dead meat if it gets in your yard is too much 'after it's too late'. I'm sure that plenty of the pit owners here are responsible people, but you can't watch your dog 24/7. Killing the dog brings no satisfaction after it kills/maims your child, and "I'm sorry I don't know what happened" won't cut it. I dont' believe in having dogs that can't be fought off. Having said that, I'd give the owner a chance to get their dog - with ONE warning. Not sure I"d tolerate repeats with a 10 year old child.

I have yet to see a 160 pound Pit. Mine is 85 pounds of pure love and devotion! He is very dog aggressive as you can see in the pic!!

All those 200hp sportbikes capable of 210 mph off the showroom should be outlawed. I am sure there are responsible riders but.........:whistle:

IMG_0128.jpg

truely sorry...but lets face it...can we ever think we can ever truely predict an animals actions...no matter what the breed....that being said...yes even i wonder if my rotts will turn aggressive at any point...you can be a responsible dog owner...and when you are not paying attention the dog does something stupid thats instinct and we as humans blame the breed or the owner....

Ok, 80 pounds - didn't change anything I said above. Still enough to take down a gown human. Your Busa does not have a mind of it's own.

My neighbors had a rott. She was a sweet dog to them but started getting too protective and agressive. I"m glad they found her a new home before something bad happened. I wouldn't want to, but if she had ever got in my yard and even growled...it would have been over I would never take the chance again.

Back