Sad day in the hood

I had a whole bunch of stuff to say..... I wrote it all out, but then thought.... No... I would be wasting my time....

Food for thought.... More kids dies every year from car accidents so each time we take them for a car ride we gamble with our kids life..... If you will not EVER gamble you and your kids will miss many things this small world has to offer... Best of luck..

Exactly hit the nail on the head, a cocker spaniel is more likely to bite your kids then a pit, so is a German Shepard, Doberman, dalmation, chiuahha, Yorkshire terrier, the only reason the pit is noticed is because there is more of them then any other dog, if there were as many shepherds than that's what you would always hear about

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dogs are like kids. if u raise them to be azzholes, that's how they will turn out. I can think of many more HUMAN beings that should be put down long before any pit pull.

Bret, like I said, it will be too little too late if that switch gets flipped to on. It's your choice, and I hope for your sake (and those with the kids pics) that that switch never goes to "ON". We aren't insulting you, just stating our personal opinion. I will never own a pit, and I will never EVER trust one. I will not EVER gamble with my childs life.

I retract my last statement. I do not respect this post. All you did was add in to your opinion what Tuf spouted. Typical parroting of someone that knows not what they are talking about.

The secrets to pits is socialization, more so than other dogs because of what they were bred for, to fight dogs, at young age you introduce them to everything and everybody

These are my two diesel my big male, had him for 5 years not one hiccup from him except when the neighbors boxer another male attacked him in my yard, and at my other house when my other neighbors dogs got out and attacked him while he was on his lead, other than that nothing, been a great dog loves people, just wants to be petted.

The little white one Josie, is my new female, had her for about a month, she loves everybody and everybody loves her, with these 2 dogs I've changed everybody's outlook on the breed, my best friends wife who was totally against the breed loves them now and her and her husband actually got josie's brother Brutus and he's a big baby, a great dog and lives inside with the family's 2 yorkie poo's, one which is a male, and not one problem.

So if you've never owned one don't single them out and base your opinions on the media's bull****

uploadfromtaptalk1320602147328.jpg

Brutus and Josie the day after they got brought home, 4 months old, I weighed Josie that day and she weighed 30.1 lbs she's going to be big, Brutus was almost 40

uploadfromtaptalk1320602864532.jpg

I was about you. Stick with bikes and racing and such. At least there you SEEM to know what your talking about!!

Dang, I had no idea you were tossing insults. Thanks for the heads up. I am perfectly aware that I have a sizeable advantage over some on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at least I'm smart enough to know I'm not very smart! :dunno:

The secrets to pits is socialization, more so than other dogs because of what they were bred for, to fight dogs, at young age you introduce them to everything and everybody

These are my two diesel my big male, had him for 5 years not one hiccup from him except when the neighbors boxer another male attacked him in my yard, and at my other house when my other neighbors dogs got out and attacked him while he was on his lead, other than that nothing, been a great dog loves people, just wants to be petted.

The little white one Josie, is my new female, had her for about a month, she loves everybody and everybody loves her, with these 2 dogs I've changed everybody's outlook on the breed, my best friends wife who was totally against the breed loves them now and her and her husband actually got josie's brother Brutus and he's a big baby, a great dog and lives inside with the family's 2 yorkie poo's, one which is a male, and not one problem.

So if you've never owned one don't single them out and base your opinions on the media's bull****

Beautiful pups Sir!! Especially Diesel. I have a softspot for a brindle.

Dang, I had no idea you were tossing insults. Thanks for the heads up. I am perfectly aware that I have a sizeable advantage over some on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at least I'm smart enough to know I'm not very smart! :dunno:

Doesn't take much to see that. The ease with which you descend shows a lack of class or even learning. Maybe you have taken too many bumps to the head in all your crashes:dunno:
Sorry I didn't make it more clear. In the future I will send you a message making it perfectly clear so you won't have such a hard time comprehending.

Doesn't take much to see that. The ease with which you descend shows a lack of class or even learning. Maybe you have taken too many bumps to the head in all your crashes:dunno:
Sorry I didn't make it more clear. In the future I will send you a message making it perfectly clear so you won't have such a hard time comprehending.

Debating any subject is no different than riding motorcycles, they both take a great deal of skill to master,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you my friend are poor/borderline awful at both!

Debating any subject is no different than riding motorcycles, they both take a great deal of skill to master,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you my friend are poor/borderline awful at both!

#1 I am NOT your friend.

#2 your opinion means nothing to me. Your condescending attitude negates any wisdom you may have.

....until the dog SNAPS!

As in light switch.....

That could of been any big dog, nobody blows all the other dogs out of proportion, like the rotteweiler that a family had and it dragged their daughter outside and killed her, it barely made the news, but if it would if been a pit, it would of front page news, its bull****

Last edited by a moderator:
I can find dog attacks all day to, but unless its a pit it doesn't get blown out of proportion, punish the deed not the breed, or lets just kill all dogs, cause they all are capable if biting they are animals, a pit bite is no harder than any other dog of equal sizes bite, all them myths are just that, myths, they don't gave lockjaw, or exert 1200lbs of bite force

http://lancaster.injuryboard.com/mi...2yearold-long-beach-girl.aspx?googleid=259292

This one pisses me off because the dog is getting checked for rabies and released to owner, if it would have been a pit it would of been put down, it doesn't matter what kind if dog it is, if it bites a human they need to be treated equally, its still the same crime, if not it would be like us as a race saying we shouldn't give woman the death penalty because they are more fragile sex, we will just kill the male murderers

The pit has always and will always be labeled as number one, due to its fearless nature and drive, and the media that's jumps all over every attack, the other attacks are hardely mentioned, but you can't forget the rotts, chows, huskies, boxers, dobermans, malmutes, these are all big dogs that like little will bite, as far as I'm concerned if you have not owned a pit you have no right to label them unless you label all animals

Brett, calm down. No need to throw insults my way or get overly excited about this subject. You and some other members like Pits - I and some other members do not trust them. That's it, plain and simple. I'm not making fun or belittling you for having or liking them. Your right to have one extends to the limits of your property, and my right not to trust them extends to the limits of mine.

P.S. I feel the same way about Rotts and Dobermans (My Mother almost lost her finger when HER mother's Doberman tried to take her finger off - and she'd been feeding that same dog for years). You can't argue what that dog was bred for (well, you can try i guess). You can try to train them out of it, and maybe you are successful, but they ARE WHAT THEY ARE. My hope is that you've trained yours well.

Back