They took my dog

Sorry to hear about your dog.
The ame thing happened to me. Except it was the Gasman, my backyard, a puppy that he tased, and the male stud that didn't like it. Short story shorter. I was out $7K. However I got my dog back.

Sorry man! That really stinks. I've heard some bad stories about the power the post office has if they think your dog is dangerous. Good luck!

Dont know about anyone else but if you put up a beware of dog sign it gets you out of anyone on your property with out your permission getting bit . That is what i heard from the popo around here,,I have a Pitt enter at your own risk of getting licked to death..

(blaize @ May 04 2007,11:08) I say have the postal lady put down    
pissed.gif
+1

I got sued for $100,000 for a dog scratch on a neighbors kid. We have "Beware of Dog" signs. The dog was on a run on the deck behind a closed gate when the kid reached over and hit him. He whacked her back with his paw. The family eventually collected $18,000.

Anyway the town posted warning signs on my property and the animal control officer quaranteened the dog to my property for the 10 days... The dog officer "interviewed" the dog and could not believe the story...

They informed me if she pressed charges the town would hold a meeting and my dog may have to be put down. That never happened.

Good Luck...

I agree... the postal carrier needs to be put down as she is obviously the dumber animal between the two!
I hope your mailbox is by the road. This SHOULD get you off the hook as she had no business breaching the property line.
Animal control in the country HAS to be different than animal control in the city limits, Investigate it and don't wait for them to move, you move first! The best defense is a well planned offense. You already know what she is planning on so get a lawyer and show her this won't be easy or cheap for her to persue!!
Best of luck to ya
beerchug.gif

(Charlesbusa @ May 04 2007,18:23) Is your mailbox on the street, or is it on the porch?

If it was on the street, what the he!l was she doing on your property!

I hope you get your dog back and you don't get sued.
I dont have a mailbox on my property, I have a PO Box at the post office
eek2.gif
she was delevering a note to tell me to stop by the post office.

I have thought about it some more and she is 100% at fault. She went against post office regulation and left the office locked it up during buisness hours to deliver a note to a residence. They arent supposed to go to peoples houses thats why we have PO Boxes!!!!!!! So she should have never been there to begin with.

2nd, Being the postmaster and having been working there for the last 10 or 15 years I am positive she has had some sort of training for dog bite prevention. So she should know and has been trained how to deal with dogs. She would never have been bitten if she followed her training and not turned her back on the dog to walk up the porch.

Anyway, I visited KC on friday and she was sad but doing well, and the two girls who run the pound love her to death and cant belive she bit someone and are taking good care of her. I am going up again today to get her a Parvo shot just to be safe, they might let me take her early???

Since I work for the USPS I will simply offer this link as information on dog bite awareness. Preventing a dog from biting is the responsibility of the dog owner and the letter carrier.

P.

Link>> http://www.usps.com/communications/community/dogbite.htm

Back