Best meals in the USA (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) were are they...

Dr E

Donating Member
Registered
OK, I spend a lot of time traveling and I have found that some of the best food to be had is not at the chain stores, but come from those little hole in the wall restaurants and mom and pop eateries. One of my favorite places when I lived in Arizona was Cassy Moores Oyster Bar in Tempe. This place was a house over by ASU that was converted into a bar/restaurant that served up IMO the best black and tan along with a seafood scampy plate that would knock your socks off.

For breakfasts, there once was this place in Burbank WA called Fransico's, just a little place on the side of the road that for a five spot would put more great tasting food in front of you than you could eat. After hunting you stop in for some coffee, hash browns, seasoned eggs and great conversation. I miss that place...

Where's your favorite place?

Fayetteville Arkansas - Penguin Ed's (if it's still standing) and AQ Chicken for barbecue.

I've had some great meals picking out a mom and pop restaurant in whatever town I happen to be in. I always ask at the hotel where to go.

Great place for an evening meal-a little place outside of Jersey in little Portugal, couldn't post the name even if I remembered it. Excellent and authentic...in so many ways....???

Lunch-Saturday/Sunday afternoon smoker/BBQ with family and friends...oh, yeah!! :thumbsup:

Breakfast-there's no place like home! :bowdown: :beerchug:

Found so many I cant even begin to list them all, but like you I try to stay away from chains and hit the local spots. Not just mom&pops/hole in the walls (though they can be great) but also local hot spots. Since I'm always on an expense acct it makes trial and error a little easier when you find the error spots :laugh:

-Beunos Aries Grille in Seattle for steak
-Found a place right across from the mayflower replica in plymouth mass that had the biggest plate o fried seafood ever (bellies attached to the clams).

I ask locals and the folks at the hotel for pointers, also have a pretty solid "if no one is in there but its food time, we eject" policy too...If you are going for some type of ethnic food and you don't see any of that ethnicity there (particularly cooking it) you eject too :whistle:

i love little hole in the wall places we have a bunch here

fireside for bfast
then there is orrs country cookin

and then in Charleston Sc there is a little hot dog joint called SCOOGIES that is awesome when you get right out of the ocean covered in sand and the go eat dogs
oo my now im hungry

Best Crab Cakes ever.

If you are ever on the Eastern Shore of MD and want some of th ebest crab cakes go here 12515 Ocean Gateway, Berlin, MD 21811. I think the place is called The Crab Shack but is sits right beside a Citgo station on the corner of Rt. 50 and Rt. 589 (Race Track Road). You will not regret it.

12515 Ocean Gateway, Worcester, Maryland 21811 - Google Maps

Get a copy of Guy fieri's(sp) book from his show on the food channel-diners,drive-ins and dives. Wish I could sample all of them.That show makes me hungry! He samples places from coast to coast.:beerchug:

Portland Maine has an underground shopping area that serves the best Italian fast food I've ever had. Try the Eggplant Parmesan sandwich served on a Kaiser roll.
Simply brilliant.
Bubba

if you are ever in Las Vegas.....after a night of blackjack and lap dances, find "the omellete house"....

an omellete that really is big enough for two people, they must have 50 different kinds and some home style potatoes....and toast. for $8- $9.00

Back