Very proud of friend in Raleigh NC

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
So I sign into Facebook at lunch and the first thing I see is this:

Mobile Waiters Cary: Giving to the community. Yesterday we turned a massive fail on us into a win for a teen runaway/homeless shelter in Raleigh. A client placed a very large order for Dickey's Barbeque as an advance order for later in the week. Our system placed it... as a "NOW" order! D-OH! When we caught it the order was almost done! What to do? We placed some calls and found Haven House Services. They help runaway and troubled teens. We were able to give them the food and make sure some hungry kids got to eat! WIN! Below is a photo of the manager of the house with one of our menus. Community, its what we are all about.

I'm sure he could of done a lot of other things with all that food but my friend who owns Mobile Waiters took the time out of his busy schedule to help some very deserving kids. I couldn't be more proud of him. He just started this business in early summer and it seems to be doing great. I always like to hear about local businesses giving back to the community and I hope he keeps it up.

So here's the shameless plug that I'm sure you knew was coming:

Here's the site for any locals that want to order from their favorite restaurants

Last edited:
Awesome....thanks for sharing Nick. I had not heard of anything regarding that story on the news. So I'm glad you posted.

We try to take care of peeps down here in Raleigh you know :thumbsup: Good for Mobile Waiters of Cary. Gonna have to go get me some Dickey's this week now!

Last edited:
That was really nice of them and what a cool business concept. I may have to give that some thought for Winston Salem. :thumbsup:

yea, what makes me wonder is when people are standing outside of a restaurant begging for money. It makes me wonder if they haven't thought about going inside to get food because they don't need it for food, or the people of the store refuse to give them food.

Back