Bad first day

Gadget112

Registered
I’ve owned my gen 1 busa for 15 years and I treated myself to a new 2023 model. I was just a few miles down the road at just my second intersection. I proceeded to make a left turn onto Main st and the rear tire spun out from underneath me. I’m riding in mode C and I wasn’t trying to be aggressive with the throttle. Obviously the new Bridgestone didn’t this. I put a lot of new tires on my old bike and never had anything like this happen. Even on the track I had the back tire break traction only once. I never was a fan of the Bridgestone tires. I’ve get much better traction with Avon tyres.The bike is incredibly smooth I’ve got to say and I’ve never had traction control. Not exactly sure why she went down so easy. I haven’t even had the chance to show her off to many and now I’ve gotta have her fixed up. One really bad first day.

I’ve owned my gen 1 busa for 15 years and I treated myself to a new 2023 model. I was just a few miles down the road at just my second intersection. I proceeded to make a left turn onto Main st and the rear tire spun out from underneath me. I’m riding in mode C and I wasn’t trying to be aggressive with the throttle. Obviously the new Bridgestone didn’t this. I put a lot of new tires on my old bike and never had anything like this happen. Even on the track I had the back tire break traction only once. I never was a fan of the Bridgestone tires. I’ve get much better traction with Avon tyres.The bike is incredibly smooth I’ve got to say and I’ve never had traction control. Not exactly sure why she went down so easy. I haven’t even had the chance to show her off to many and now I’ve gotta have her fixed up. One really bad first day.
Sad to hear of this...it's never a fun time when a bike goes down and even worse when it's a new one....

I've personally run Bridgestones almost my entire riding life (over 40 yrs) and have never had any issues with them...

Could have been a lot of variables this time of year, cold pavement, new tires and sand on the road?

Any tire could spin out in those conditions.

Sorry to hear this, that is really weird. I hope the repairs don't take long or cost much. I assume you did but have to ask did you go back and look at the road surface? Any signs of an explanation?

Sorry to see your baby got messed up. Hopefully you can get her back on the road soon.

Once upon a time I had diesel spilled on the road in front of me. I didn't see it because of the hot summer sun glaring in my eyes and the heat wave rising up off the road.
A slight right hand bend in the road and down she went. Mine were Bridgestones too and the bike was a Kawasaki ZZR, so it didn't really matter (rode like a lawn mower anyway).

Picked myself and the bike up off the road at the curb where we both came to a sudden stop and rolled it up onto the sidewalk and parked it temporarily. Gathered my scattered plastic parts off the road in breaks in traffic and made some calls.

Whilst gathering my thoughts all bruised and scratched, an angry woman in her 30's, pushing a pram past me on the sidewalk complained that I shouldn't park there and didn't care that I was just in a solo accident assisted by a terrible road surface!!

Sorry to hear about your bike, but I guess this is your excuse to start modding it early ;)

Always sad to read this. What supposed to be one of the most beautiful moments, turns out in a nightmare.
If I remember correctly, these also came with Bridgestones:
Good luck with the repair.

Sorry to hear this, that is really weird. I hope the repairs don't take long or cost much. I assume you did but have to ask did you go back and look at the road surface? Any signs of an explanation?
I did go back. No debris in the road. I must have a bit heavy on the throttle. I would think mode C would have helped me out a bit. Any tips to prepping a new tire for the road? Denatured alcohol or something?

I did go back. No debris in the road. I must have a bit heavy on the throttle. I would think mode C would have helped me out a bit. Any tips to prepping a new tire for the road? Denatured alcohol or something?

The mold release compound is a logical cause as it would act like an oiled tire. That would break free with very little throttle, particularly on a 1.3 liter engine.

Do not use any chemicals on tires. They are formulated to exude protective compounds throughout their life and any harsh chemical could affect this, including reducing the life of the tire.

You can try plain Dawn and a nylon brush. I do not know if that completely solves the problem and I might not rely on that but also do whatever you can to get some long straight time in and merely coast the corners.

What tire pressure you running?

I put 65000 miles on my Gen 2 mostly using PR series tires. I really like the stock tires that come with the Gen 3 and although I get less miles out of them they are way better than the PR4 and 5s i'd been using. I think the S22s are the bomb even though I only got 4500 miles out of my first rear tire. Not an unexpected traction loss yet.

I put 65000 miles on my Gen 2 mostly using PR series tires. I really like the stock tires that come with the Gen 3 and although I get less miles out of them they are way better than the PR4 and 5s i'd been using. I think the S22s are the bomb even though I only got 4500 miles out of my first rear tire. Not an unexpected traction loss yet.
I’ve been running Avon Storm tires on my gen 1 for years. I easily get12K on them. They run great in the rain too. I had a track day and they did not let me down. The Bridgestone would easily spin on road paint like crosswalk trying to proceed thru an intersection.

Back