Bad first day

I’ve owned my gen 1 busa for 15 years and I treated myself to a new 2023 model. I was just a few miles down the road at just my second intersection. I proceeded to make a left turn onto Main st and the rear tire spun out from underneath me. I’m riding in mode C and I wasn’t trying to be aggressive with the throttle. Obviously the new Bridgestone didn’t this. I put a lot of new tires on my old bike and never had anything like this happen. Even on the track I had the back tire break traction only once. I never was a fan of the Bridgestone tires. I’ve get much better traction with Avon tyres.The bike is incredibly smooth I’ve got to say and I’ve never had traction control. Not exactly sure why she went down so easy. I haven’t even had the chance to show her off to many and now I’ve gotta have her fixed up. One really bad first day.
O seeming so disappointing, hurting tickle can be more gloomy. Hope you would have safe riding ahead.

Update on my gen 3 2023 repair. My bike shop has most of the parts in under a week. When the last cowling shows up she’s going back together. I’ve been getting a few miles on the new girl while the parts are getting order. Starting to feel a little better. Can’t wait to show her off. She drives like a Cadillac compared to my gen 1. Crazy technology!

Update on my gen 3 2023 repair. My bike shop has most of the parts in under a week. When the last cowling shows up she’s going back together. I’ve been getting a few miles on the new girl while the parts are getting order. Starting to feel a little better. Can’t wait to show her off. She drives like a Cadillac compared to my gen 1. Crazy technology!
Finally some good news.Great to hear that.

Yeah thats way too high. Easy to loose that contact patch and slows the way the tire heats up. Remember pressure goes up as you ride when the tire heats up. If it doesn't rise the pressure is too high. You want a 3 to 4 psi rise from cold to hot.
How much does the pressure increase from 42 when tire heats up?

I’ve owned my gen 1 busa for 15 years and I treated myself to a new 2023 model. I was just a few miles down the road at just my second intersection. I proceeded to make a left turn onto Main st and the rear tire spun out from underneath me. I’m riding in mode C and I wasn’t trying to be aggressive with the throttle. Obviously the new Bridgestone didn’t this. I put a lot of new tires on my old bike and never had anything like this happen. Even on the track I had the back tire break traction only once. I never was a fan of the Bridgestone tires. I’ve get much better traction with Avon tyres.The bike is incredibly smooth I’ve got to say and I’ve never had traction control. Not exactly sure why she went down so easy. I haven’t even had the chance to show her off to many and now I’ve gotta have her fixed up. One really bad first day.
Well at least you got to ride yours for a few miles before you had a mishap. My brand new 2023 was damaged when the guy at the dealership tried to load it in the back of my truck and dropped it. Fortunately the damage was minimal and the dealership bent over backwards to get everything repaired.

His last sentence tells you, 3-4 psi. 42 is the MAX psi, sz so on the sidewall.
The sidewall says max load at 42psi, not maximum pressure. The pressure increase from riding is factored in the factory recommended running PSI. The increase in pressure is different on different bikes and conditions. Some only go up a couple degrees, others go up more. Some even go the nitrogen route which keeps temperatures more stable with little effect on pressures. Saying you run lower pressures, so a tire heats up faster is not a smart idea, get a stickier tire.

It says Max load is 520 pounds and the way I read it it also says that, even at that Max load, 42 psi is the most you should set the pressure at on a cold tire. Riding solo even being packed for a tour I’m nowhere near 520 pounds so the psi that I run is much less than 42. I want a properly heated tire with grip and I don’t want to be skittering around on an overinflated tire.

I did go back. No debris in the road. I must have a bit heavy on the throttle. I would think mode C would have helped me out a bit. Any tips to prepping a new tire for the road? Denatured alcohol or something?
Did you read owners manual on tire break in ? It’s a must read ! No one likes this to happen hope she will be back on the road soon .

The mold release compound is a logical cause as it would act like an oiled tire. That would break free with very little throttle, particularly on a 1.3 liter engine.

Do not use any chemicals on tires. They are formulated to exude protective compounds throughout their life and any harsh chemical could affect this, including reducing the life of the tire.

You can try plain Dawn and a nylon brush. I do not know if that completely solves the problem and I might not rely on that but also do whatever you can to get some long straight time in and merely coast the corners.

I just had new treads installed. The tech warned me to be careful for the first 100 miles due to the release agent. Just rolling the tires around the garage, it was apparent that they were slippery on the concrete. Have not ridden yet. Should be interesting.

IMG_1529-M.jpg

I just had new treads installed. The tech warned me to be careful for the first 100 miles due to the release agent. Just rolling the tires around the garage, it was apparent that they were slippery on the concrete. Have not ridden yet. Should be interesting.

View attachment 1679604

lol, 100 miles is a little much, 50 is the average warning.
But, even that isn't needed, just lean the bike slowly as far as you can, and let the road scrub as much of the new tread as possible.
Alot of new tires don't use a mold releasing agent anymore either.
The tires can still be slick for a few miles, but once they get warm, they are fine.
Consider Superbike, a brand new tire, warmed by a blanket...and right on to the track...and they are ok.
I'm not saying new tires can't be slippery for a few miles either, but don't be overly concerned about it.

Back