backpack, basket or other?

fsubusa

Registered
I wanna start riding the new busa to work -- only 8 miles.  But, I need to carry a change of clothes, sneakers, etc.  I've seen a busa with a basket on the back and I've seen people riding with backpacks.  I like the backpack look and some of the bags at www.niketown.com.  What do you guys think of the options?

Big_E

Registered
Welcome to the board!!!

I ride with a backpack. i carry my laptop and some clothes in there and i keep a pair a shoes in my office to change.

rob t

Registered
i have a bunge net it works on back seat just fne. holds a soft bag with weekends worth of cloths if need be. you gotta lose the hump !

Odyssey

Registered
Take a little pink basket off a girls cycle (you know the one with the plastic daisy) works great, lightweight, and looks nice mounted to the front of the busa
biggrin.gif

fatjap

Registered
I ride with a magnetic tank bag. I have a small one and a large one. Make sure you get one with a strap that goes around the steering head. At about 120 they tend to lite.

FATJAP

race24x

Registered
I have a GSXR tank bag one of the older magnetic ones that is blue and black and has the GSXR logo. I also have a Blue net just in case and here is a pic of the new backpack I bought it is cool I am a computer tech it holds all of my computer tools and my laptop plus room to spare.

race24x

Registered
PS I bought it online from a company found it for 82.90 shipped local SUzuki dealer wanted 119.00 I will post info if any one wants

S7R4NGER

Registered
<span style='color:darkblue'></span>race24x - Where did you buy online your gear?

Odyssey - LOL !!! Are there any websites where you can order those pink baskets you refered to?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
I use the larger Teknic tank bag had it on my VFR holds about everyhting i want clothes shoes and even a couple side compartmenst and a spot on top to place a map but i think for a longer trip i wana take this summer id get a back pack also that tank bag was expandable also and never had problems with it gettin loosy on me i never tied it to the handle bars and i run 150 most of the time

my .02 cents worth

dezzy7

Registered
I have a magnetic tank bag that has straps you can use on the tank as well. But the best part is that it comes with shoulder straps so it doubles as a backpack when you jump off the bike.

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
For Vegas I'll have a bungee net holding a bag on the back and a backpack too.

TNJ

Registered
I use the Tourmaster tailbag TB17, it works great if you use the rear seat. After you get the built in bungee cords adjusted to fit the bike, it only takes 5 sec to put on or remove. Great for all day rides or short trips. Only bad thing is it would be easy for someone to sneak off with it.

The Oracle

Registered
I just got my Suzuki backpack. I have used hard saddlebags, hard tail bag, and a tank bag before. I have to say, the backpack is very comfy... And, I can still lay completely on the tank (for those long trips when I need to catch some shuteye)
wink.gif

There is one thing that I really miss about my tank bag... It had a clear plastic front that I could place a map in. Can't do that with the backpack, unless I was Linda Blair playing Raeghn!

BTW - the guy at the cycle shop quoted me the wrong price over phone ($79 instead of $109) so they gave it to me for the lower number!

jump9.gif

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheAltarBoy