Icon Backpack

first, welcome and congrats...next, i have been using an icon urban backpack/tankbag for over a year with zero problems...when mounted on the tank, it is short enough not to hinder my view of the gauges and yet big enough to fit a pair of jeans, shorts, 3 t-shirts, rain gear, laptop, digital camera, cell phone, a book, small notebook, toothbrush and paste, deodorant, razor, shaving cream, soap, shampoo, socks, etc. (i just did it this last weekend for over 800 miles with it on there), the fit on the laptop is a little tight on the corners...one thing i love is the ability to store your helmet on the bottom of the bag when using it as a backpack when you are stopped and off the bike as i hate having to carry it around...you don't have to worry arout it trying to pick up off the tank at any speed, i know that it is rock solid at +150 registered, of course that was someone else who tried it:-)...good luck

semicps - awesome info. That's a lot of stuff in the bag!  My biggest concern is getting rid of my coat in the day and i like the fact its a backpack in case i have to carry it around.  It would be my everyday use to work, which would primarly be a planner and coat... i did ride today and my regular backpack (which i strapped to the pass seat cuz i don't like to carry it on my back while riding) has a hoodie and pull over pants cuz it was freezing this morning in MI - 40 degrees!!!
crazy.gif

(suarezrh @ Sep. 20 2006,13:40) FYI - its an 06. i'm only at 300 miles. Dang MI weather  
crazy.gif
Where at in MI? I live down in Jackson right now, originally from Muskegon.

Heated grips are a great investment when dealing with MI weather. Warm hands in cold weather allow you to ride a lot longer than usual. Yesterday I rode from Jackson to Muskegon and the heated grips were a life saver.

Josh

hi josh. I'm in Southfield (SE MI - detroit suburbs). I'll have to look into the heated grips. It sure woke me up riding in the cold into work this morning
wow.gif

I just got back to Jackson from Muskegon and it was a chilly ride to say the least. Hands were pretty toasty though!
biggrin.gif

The heated grips I have were purchased from Adventure MotoStuff. I mounted the toggle switch on the dash panel right below the clutch side handlebar.

Welcome to the board!

Josh

Back