Back from the painters... good/bad ---both

Could be the right color, but might not have been sprayed with the right amount of coats, or with the wrong air pressure. A drop in 5psi will make a color darker and a increase will lighten it up.

Ouch, not a good match at all:whistle:

The problem with painting candy's is how many coats of the transparent you lay on. More coats = darker color...

Yep. In order to paint that to a match, you will almost need to other panels in the booth. I have had to match candies and pearls before, and it sucks.

It is also possible that a silver base was used instead of a white.

Yep. In order to paint that to a match, you will almost need to other panels in the booth. I have had to match candies and pearls before, and it sucks.

Normally, with metallic candy's it is either a gold or silver base coat.
I have used House of Kolor and Metalflake products many of times.

no big deal man, just get to paint the rest of the bike and you"ll be bling bliging all over! great color:cheerleader:

That's exactly what I was going to say....your new colour is beautiful so maybe since it didn't match then the paint guys will give you a deal on doing the fairing and tank so all will match up in the new colour? It'll look amazing when it's done!:thumbsup:

That's exactly what I was going to say....your new colour is beautiful so maybe since it didn't match then the paint guys will give you a deal on doing the fairing and tank so all will match up in the new colour? It'll look amazing when it's done!:thumbsup:

LOL... you guys dont get it do you. If they try to now paint the other panels, that will open up another whole can of werms!
With cany paint, you really need to do all panels at once. Then everything will match perfectly...

Now do you get it

Color matching candy paints is extremely difficult. The base color needs to be exactly the same, the candy has to be exactly the same thicknes, the clear has to be the same. If they layed it on the black without the correct base, it will change the color. If the black was bleeding through the correct base, it will change the color. I've had color right send a gold base as "correct OEM" for the Honda candy red and when I was prepping the panels, found the factory uses silver as the base color.

the tank def. looks lighter but the front of the lower graphics looks like it matches pretty good.. Kind of a fade to light and then back again..doesn't look bad but if you aren't happy you will always be looking at it and explaining that the painters did everything and it is OEM paint, etc.. Have them reshoot it with the lighter primer so you can be 100 percent proud of your ride!

It's not the primer. They put to many coats of candy max orange cause I did the same thing to my helmet. My helmet is a little darker then the orange on my bike.

IMG_0062.jpg

The base coat is clear with sparkles in it

I think the primer color is grey on the 08 orange and black
when i painted mine as i was sanding it the orange came off on the sand paper. So the orange had to be in the clear. Does ppg make the stock factory color. thats why we do samples.

well... it's dark outside, and with just my garage lights on, I can see that the tail section is a color shade different... I'm thinkin it's the primer color, because they went by the OEM specs for the # of coats of candy.. does anyone know if the primer color on the K8 is clear, silver, or gold ???

I would have them repaint it, or get a refund and take it somewhere else. Shouldent be that hard to get a paint match.

Is that the stock 08 orange that we're looking at ? Is it just the picture that makes it look like a copper color ?

Back