Back from the painters... good/bad ---both

I think the color look's good on the bike.Except the match.Paint matching is a PITA! Think about painting the front and rear turnsignal scoops with trim black to break it up.I did the front scoop/turnsignal area and the inside of my undertail where the lenses are (Top gun) just to break up the color.I wish I had a camrea and knew how to put pick's on here for you.I think Turbosn95 has a few pic's of my bike.

That stinks Greg, sorry to see the mismatch. Did they offer any recourse or just tell you "Oh well, that's the best we can do."?

yikes! I think everyone has a hard time matching paints. I would either go with a different color to compliment your fairing or paint the whole freakin' thing.

The guys at the shop are willing to work with me on whatever I decide to do (keep it/repaint it)... but the thing is, until I find out what primer color that we need to use, we'll just be spinning our wheels again because it's going to come out a shade off (They've shot it twice already - same result)... I'm just trying to find out the best way to go about it :thumbsup:

My suggestion for the shop would be to get some scrap peices of metal, hit one with a silver base, one gold, one white, light grey, etc,etc.... Then throw some coats on them and find a match. Write down what was done to each peice. Just a thought if it's worth anything.

My suggestion for the shop would be to get some scrap peices of metal, hit one with a silver base, one gold, one white, light grey, etc,etc.... Then throw some coats on them and find a match. Write down what was done to each peice. Just a thought if it's worth anything.

That is actually a good idea:beerchug:

That is a great idea... I'll get with them and see what they think... (maybe I'll be able to sleep tonite :cheerleader:)

BTW bro... it's awesome to see you on here :thumbsup:

Thanks, you too my friend. I joined last July when I got my scoot but as you can see from my post count, I rarely get the time to get on here much. I'm trying to be better though! I'm thinking about doing a few things to my own scoot now so I'm reading, reading, and reading some more.

Lates!
Scott

I think it looks good as it is. I can totally feel your pain! I just got my parts back from paint after they were gone for two months. My color is great, but my clear is jacked up! Now I have to wait for the paint to cure and have everything re-cleared. :banghead:

that's exactly what i was going to say....your new colour is beautiful so maybe since it didn't match then the paint guys will give you a deal on doing the fairing and tank so all will match up in the new colour? It'll look amazing when it's done!:thumbsup:

+1

:beerchug:

Gray and Black is STILL the fastest color...if you would have gotten it you wouldnt have had to paint it just MHO..sorry about the painty dude...sucks azz, looks crappy...start over..the sun will come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow..there'll be sun:laugh::laugh:just thinkin about tomorrow...:whistle:

It does'nt look good from any angle, looks like paintshop used white base coat. Look deep into the paint on the tank, it's a metallic silver base, that's what makes it pop!

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY BEFORE YOU HAD A TWO COLOR BKIE NOW YOU STILL HAVE A TWO COLOR BIKE LIGHT ORANGE AND DARK ORANGE. :thumbsup:

Gray and Black is STILL the fastest color...if you would have gotten it you wouldnt have had to paint it just MHO..sorry about the painty dude...sucks azz, looks crappy...start over..the sun will come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow..there'll be sun:laugh::laugh:just thinkin about tomorrow...:whistle:

Speaking of sun... it finally came out today, and here's what she looks like in the bright sunshine.... as you can see - much better (just have to hide on cloudy days :banghead:)

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

It does look better in the sun. Candy paints are weird like this.
I once did a tangelo candy/flame job on a buddys chopper he was building. A small fly landed in the clear. Well when I wetsanded it out, I managed to sand just a bit of the candy transparent off. I tried to just spray a little bit back on, and re clear.Well, it looked great indoors. (couldn't even notice it.) But out in the sun. OMG was it noticable!
I hadda strip the tank and do it all over again:whistle:

Back