Awww fug....

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I was pulling out of my neighborhood, when I come up to a stop sign. So, I apply the brakes.... I applied more brake.... I APPLIED BRAKE!!! Almost nothing, I rolled a bit past where I meant to stop. Didn't have this problem yesterday, so I thought something might be on the pads, so I decide to see if it might burn off and ride around my neighborhood a bit (11 at night, no one on the street). No help, but I did notice a squeek come from the brakes JUST before full stop, EVERYtime. Think it might be glazed pads? GMbusa and I just replaced the lines with braided lines a couple days ago, but it didn't do this between then and now... I'm lost guys. This happen to anyone else?

P.S. This is only noticed on the front brakes.

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151724633 -->

Umm, Is the lever coming close to the Bar? Or is there resistance, just no brakes?

Did you just spend some time waxing and cleaning your baby? Did you maybe get some "Stuff" on there?

Try hosing em' down with some "Brake Cleaner" from your area dealership?

I dunno might be glazed pads but even glazed there should be some decent stopping going on. If they are glazed mught be a good time to try out some EBC HH compound Pads.

Seriously though, mostly it sounds like you are leaking brake fluid...

Lever feel is good, doesn't go down to the bar. Lines were bled. I already sprayed the pads with cleaner, but it didn't help.

Haven't washed it in a while... And the last time it was cleaned was honda polish, bu tthat would've burned off. I Honda Polished it before the brake job...:(

sad.gif
Um... Now You Do Remember that the brake is on the Right Bar?

OK Well I Got Nothing...

What brake fluid did you use, was it from a new bottle, did you just do the lines or did you take anything else apart?

Is all the air out of the system? Don't want to come across as stupid just a thought.

hogger...

Used DOT4 Fluid. All air is bled out. Looking like glazed pads....

Is all the air out of the system? Don't want to come across as stupid just a thought.

hogger...
I just experienced the same thing with my rear brake, and it ended up being a tiny bit of air trapped in the system. I ended up bleeding it three separate times using a vacuum pump (got a nice Craftsman one from Sears). Each time I got a little bit more air until the last time did the trick.

If you're absolutely sure there isn't any air in the system, I would look at the caliper next. The pistons will sometimes stick if they get excessively dirty. As a next step after all the obvious steps have been taken, I'd take the caliper apart and clean it thoroughly, and rule that out.

Used DOT4 Fluid. All air is bled out. Looking like glazed pads....
Guess I didn't reply fast enough! LOL.

Glazed pads could definitely cause this, but I would think that you would have felt it more gradually instead of all at once like this. Try scuffing up your pads with some sandpaper, and see if that makes a difference. If so, there you go, you found it.

Wierd
rock.gif
I took it out today, and it stopped it. No more problem... I'm baffled. Maybe God was telling me something last night.
rock.gif

rock.gif

Sounds more like the pistons got something stuck in them and it worked it self out ! And of course maybe it's GOD telling you to STAY HOME after 11 at night
laugh.gif

Fantastic , my name and ill stopping brakes in the same paragraph.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151787729 -->

Back