Another Brake Question

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Replaced my lines to HEL this weekend. I rode to work this morning and when comming to a complete stop, the brakes kept making this "grunck" sound, like a wierd squeek. I got to work and felt my front pads, the right pad was raving hot, the left pad was only warm.

I would assume I still have a small air buble in the left line. Is that it or could there be another problem?

Mine were noisy at first. Did you do a bed in? The surfaces are not even until they get the bed in done.. Mine were uneven feeling when I first went out before the burn in.

I guess I'd remember it as a glunk. Never felt the temperature differences. I went straight to a bed in run when I got the bike back together.

I'd say if you have good lever feel and no fade it isn't an air in the line issue.

Bleed it again! Did you change rear line? Also did you bleed both rear caliper bleeders? One faces out the other faces towards the rear on the inside of the caliper!

Didn't do the back yet, this is just the front.
(one step at a time for me  
crazy.gif
)

Shouldn't be a pad problem, went with ebc pads about 1000-2000 miles ago flawlessly, zero issues.

I'm thinking it must be air on one side, the lever is fairly firm but I must admit I was expecting a tighter/shorter pull with steel lines and it's about the same or maybe a little worse than the stock lines. Weather sux so I haven't done much test riding to evaluate.

The temp difference in the discs tells me I'm only using one brake.

I still need help...
crazy.gif

I bled and bled (I'm almost out of brake fluid) and the lever is jam up tight, feels great. Now the left rotor is working and getting quite hot but the right rotor is raving hot still, very noticable temp difference between the two rotors.

Also it's STILL making that "grunk" noise.

The one thing that I am still unclear about...
newbie.gif
what does it mean about "pitch" of the banjo bolts?

Back