Australia - Gen2 RCC Stage 1 Kit Build

u find a tuner? are we gonna see the dyno hits? Its always great to see the finished product(dyno sheet or time slip). im excited for you!
Visited my tuner several times. Booked in for dyno. Dyno results will be posted here.
Right now just organising a stainless weld in bung for a Pyrometer in the exhaust. Measuring exhaust gas temp (EGT) will help with fueling as done in aircraft.

sounds good...... i figure better to risk sounding like a jerk and ask.... than to NOT ask and..........
I'm glad you're offering help! Help is what us newbs need on this forum!
It will be interesting to see the EGT in boost at the recommended fueling ratio to see how hot it's actually getting in there.

Got some more work done today.
The radiator mount brackets on the bottom left and the middle were cut off to fit around the turbo.
The left side fan electrical connector is detached and the bracket was bent downward out of the way also.
20221217_162027.jpg

20221217_163213.jpg

20221217_161915.jpg

The turbo fit well with aftermarket Cometic gaskets which have a larger inner diameter for better flow.
the headers torqued up nicely.
20221217_152322.jpg

Tomorrow,
The throttle body is installed and the MAP sensor is hooked up amongst the rest of vacuum tubes re-connected and electrical/mechanical connections.
The fuel injection rail will be modified.

Been busy the last two days helping someone move house, so I haven't had a chance to do anything else on the bike. I'll be getting back into it tomorrow. However, I did manage to get the Electric Control Unit (ECU) re-flashed for me by my Dyno guy with RCC's binary file using ECU Editor whilst I've been busy, so at least something was still getting done on the bike!

As soon as the bike is together and with fluids it will technically be good to start up. The boost compensation tables will be a great thing to have!
...getting closer to finishing this kit; the apprehension is building to pressing that starter button :crazy:

The OEM fuel rail screws installed by Suzuki are a little on the soft side and won't be re-using them. I prefer to use stronger Hex Bolts.
The are on so tight that an impact driver was needed with a brass hammer. The impact driver needs a JIS bit size: PH2 to fit the screw heads.
The driver undid the screws easily with three moderate straight blows.
20221223_142758.jpg

I got myself a 1/8" NPT 40mm fuel pressure gauge to set the regulator for 43 psi before I even attempt to start the machine. $20-30. Don't need a EFI pressure test kit as they can be super expensive.
20221223_143230.jpg

I'll need to open up the wastegate snd see what spring is (possibly/currently?) in there...
Eeni meeni miini moh...
20221223_132517.jpg

Merry Christmas ye all,

I managed to get the fuel pump, filter, regulator and wiring installed today.
I routed the fuel lines and recycled the OEM plastic fuel connector for the fuel return line. The RCC instructions were excellent regarding the fuel system.
Once the fuel pump was in and the suspension links torqued up, I re-installed the rectumfrier for some good old direct current once again! And what a sorry state that's in! I might replace it with better mosfets at a later stage. ...oh and ingore the shim washer missplaced and stuck above the bolt in the pic. I fixed that embarrassment haha.
20221225_173501.jpg

Working in electronics, I prefer soldered connections as well as mechanical connections.
To avoid exposure to the elements and keep the positive away from ground I insulated those also.
20221224_132016.jpg

20221224_132936.jpg

Tomorrow, the airbox gets mounted and also new chain and sprockets.

Last edited:
why dont u call ricks motorsports and get a hotshot stator and reg... itll be a few hundred bucks but 20 percent more power and the regulator runs much much cooler than stock regulator. itll ensure GREAT spark and plenty of voltage, the entire combo will work better.
I will definitely be getting one at some point soon!

I attacked the left ram air intake with a Dremel tool.
The pipe fits nicely, but left some of the remaining intake plastic to hold the fuses in place and fairing plug.
Now's the time to change out the 10A fuse for a 20A for the new fuel pump!
It's not gonna win an art contest but it did the job :D
View attachment 1659206
I wrapped that charge pipe going through the frame in a large coolant hose I found it rubbing against my frame on day.

I'd also do AN fuel lines and quick disconnects for the fuel system I hated the and didn't trust push on fuel lines with hose clamps.

I wrapped that charge pipe going through the frame in a large coolant hose I found it rubbing against my frame on day.

I'd also do AN fuel lines and quick disconnects for the fuel system I hated the and didn't trust push on fuel lines with hose clamps.
@JeffSyh I'll def do that tomorrow when the shops open again. Thanks for the tip!

Got some steel Supersprox installed front and rear (happy with stock 18/43 ratios for now) and put in a new EK 530VX3 chain. It was almost due for replacement anyway as well as brake pads ...when in Rome.
The rotors are fine for now, but will be changed at next pad change.
Fit a new Brocks adjustable side stand ....fancy

I didn't get around to installing the air box mounting brackets today ...that'll be a tomorrow job. Also tomorrow I will wrap the charge pipe as @JeffSyh suggested.
20221226_150621.jpg

20221226_183437.jpg

Yet another busy day...
Completely replaced all hydraulic fluid. The Brembo 19RCS Corsa Corta front brake feels amazing! Also wired in the brake light switch. The clutch was long due for new fluid too.
I wrapped the charge pipe entering the frame and down past the radiator to the turbo itself. Hopefully the added benefit of insulation will help prevent the heat off the radiator from heating the charge pipe.
The kickstand switch bolt snapped off unfortunately and don't have the time to drill it out right now, so I decided to short the SPST normally open switch to closed circuit. It may have also made a good anti-theft device if switched remotely. I've owned bikes without sidestand switches in the past and it's not a big deal for me.
I started on the air box brackets.
20221227_183036.jpg

Everything is plugged in, tightened up and hoses attached!
The air box brackets turned out ok.

Filled with oil and coolant, it's time to grab some 98, attach the tank and fill with enough fuel to do the job, then read the fuel pressure regulator with ignition on. Turning off to re-adust the reg in until I get 43 psi.
I'm excitied, but that might be a tomorrow job. Been working all day on it.
20221228_174502.jpg

20221228_161406.jpg

20221228_174434.jpg

Back