Australia - Gen2 RCC Stage 1 Kit Build

Here's a puzzle for you all to help me out if you can?

With ignition on, the cluster does its usual self-check at power on but the fuel pump doesn't prime. Is that normal?

The fuel gauge always reads empty even though it was plugged back in. I'll need to re-check wiring and float installation.

There's no power coming from the yellow and red striped wire that's meant to power the fuel pump when ignition is on. Fuel fuse is good and fuse box is good, so I'm stumped.

The fuel pump is good because I was able to bypass power and test it and it charged up the fuel lines, filter and regulator just fine.

Would it have anything to do with the computer and grounding pin 58? Or is that just for ECU Editor?

Thinking out loud ...

Kick stand switch that you mentioned you did something to?

Switch in the run position - sorry, but had to ask...

Clutch switch?
Thanks I'll check all that now with side stand switch pressed in and also extended.
Yep the run switch was on.
I'll check clutch switch.
I'll report back.

Just installing the BoostbySmith harness plug into the vacant pins on ECU at the moment.
Not sure if the Dyno guy set the settings before flashing. I'll connect and check engine data if its MS1 or MS0 map.

I sorted it.

It's using MS0 map, not MS1.
ECU Editor connected fine. Got 43 psi up to the fuel rail. Data was coming through.
Fuel pump now engages at switch on. I had a wiring issue at the fuel tank sender. Fuel gauge also works now.

Here's a werid thing tho:
If I switch kill switch to run first, and then turn the key it's all sweet. But if I turn the key on first and the kill switch on second, I get FI light and it don't work. ...I mean it's easy to just get used to turning on kill switch first and key second and all's well. But it's strange.

Kickstand switch or killswitch. Kickstand switch can be tossed out to save a bit pf weight and just connecting the wires.

Id recommend running a relay and heavier wires for the fuel pump. Use the old fuel pump wires to activate the relay.
Thanks man, yeah I'll throw a relay in there. 20A is kinda toasty.

...I'll do up a private YouTube vid and put the link in here when it's started.

...aaaaand she starts and runs nicely!! The weird switch on sequence issue disappeared after the engine was actually running! No more FI light.

Thanks guys for all the help, encouragement and tips.

It took about 4 weeks to complete from start to finish by myself for an RCC Stage 1 Kit, but I was working really hard most of those days.

Grabbed a few minor oil leaks and tightened up those bolts.

She runs really well and the fluids are all through the engine and topped up.

It's now just a matter of getting fairings back on and fitment checks.
I'll get a relay and heavier wiring on the fuel pump.

Man what an adventure!!

Wiring up the harness was easier than I initially thought
20221229_191013.jpg

...aaaaand she starts and runs nicely!! The weird switch on sequence issue disappeared after the engine was actually running! No more FI light.

Thanks guys for all the help, encouragement and tips.

It took about 4 weeks to complete from start to finish by myself for an RCC Stage 1 Kit, but I was working really hard most of those days.

Grabbed a few minor oil leaks and tightened up those bolts.

She runs really well and the fluids are all through the engine and topped up.

It's now just a matter of getting fairings back on and fitment checks.
I'll get a relay and heavier wiring on the fuel pump.

Man what an adventure!!

Wiring up the harness was easier than I initially thought
View attachment 1659542
Can't wait to see what power Damien pulls from it....Will be eagerly watching the fb post.

Nice job! Seems like you worked hard to get it done in a month. I’m recalibrating my expectations on how fast things get done in general.

To put a complete turbo kit together and sell it via mail order in itself seems like a pain.
So long as the International Swift payment system is executed correctly by your bank for the money transfer, the transaction was flawless and the mail system was fast and efficient.

Richard at RCC did an amazing job putting an excellent kit together. Nothing could be faulted.
I only required some Suzuki specific tools to get the job done easier.

UPS is expensive to my delivery location, but was fairly pain free overall and Richard was very quick to respond to any email assistance I needed (which wasn't much because the installation instructions were good). Google also helps (sifting through the BS) and this forum is priceless.

Fuel pump fuse in stock fuse box returned to 10A.
Using @JeffSyh suggestion to create a separate circuit for the fuel pump. What a great idea -thanks!
Now running a remote relay with 20A fuse triggered by the stock10A harness.
Fuel pump current is now wired directly to battery through the relay load side.
I replaced the tank electrical plug too.
20221231_074455.jpg

Quick suggestion. Wait to put on fairings until after doing at least two shakedown runs. Small neighborhood rides to make sure nothing falls off and a highway run to make sure she’s running great. Then put the fairings on. Trust me I speak from experience.
Did a few shakedown runs... caught a few oil leaks at the turbo hose feed where the old gallery plug was on the block.
I uploaded another cringy vid here. But it looks great without the fairing. I'm not a fan of stickerbombing, but looks good on the frame coz I'm a new proud newb :super: who's earned my turbo hazing.

I will jumper the Yosh plug wires black/white & Red/White to display the pesky F1 error code on the cluster display that ocurrs only here and there for some reason. Probably something silly that happened when putting a whole bike back together and having no one else to look over it for me :confused:

Cutting the dump pipe hole in the fairing today with the trusty Dremel tool. Yes the right side fairing :lol:

Back