Australia - Gen2 RCC Stage 1 Kit Build

VNE

Donating Member
Registered
In this thread I'll document the entire RCC Turbo Stage 1 Kit build for my 2018 Peregrine Falcon, uploading photos and info of what I've achieved each day.
Hopefully those who follow along can give me tips and point me in the right direction as I tackle each challenge.
Here she is in the "before" her weightloss shot :laugh::
IMG_20190811_125207.jpg

Hi mate , looks like an epic build thread from down under is underway , well done . That soil looks a bit red outbackish , central even , where you hang from cobber ? There are a few of us on here , I ride in South Oz , Adelaide hills .

Hi mate , looks like an epic build thread from down under is underway , well done . That soil looks a bit red outbackish , central even , where you hang from cobber ? There are a few of us on here , I ride in South Oz , Adelaide hills .
Hi @ROADTOAD1340 that was in Alice Springs on some touring. Then I stayed there! The air is unbelievably fresh there and the weather is always perfect. Now I'm in Brisbane, but there's access to more services here.

Cental it was eh , well I landed there a few times , in Alice , but never actually visited . My mates from Darwin venture down there to drag race , and I got a fella I know there who drags as well . Brisbane , should be great for your project build , looking forward to your documenting this , going to be a tuff streeter turbo by the sounds .

Truth is, I've ridden nearly 40k on the bike since new and it feels slow now. Acceleration is a drug haha
I enjoy flying too and appreciate density altitude performance. I also want an endless climb rate
My goal is to feel like a wingless F-104

What are your hp goals or plans for the motor? I just now if your looking for pump gas under 300 hp I would go na motor build. People think going turbo and making 280 300 whp the bike is fast but a well built na motor with the chassis everything else dialed it will more then likely beat a turbo busa. Speaking from personal experience. I have a turbo busa that made 450 and it’s a turd at 350 whp. Going off of dragy times from my other busas I have. Plus that lag in throttle response is a big down fall. Only way to get around that is big motor and more compression. That will wake the bike and turbo up. But if your not worried about racing. Then yea turbo is fun. And if don’t right and can be reliable. Just giving you wait I have learned in my 6 years of having multiple turbo busas, busa builds and racing. But please share your plans and goals. Lots of people have experience and can chime in what they have experienced

80% streetbike here Loring Land Speed racing is the real bag of fun. And Why bike bike is setup like this
a couple Drag strip sessions a year (maybe more now with the clutch scare over)
Any feed back I can offer

One thing I really preach is be reasistic with your personalitly
I lied to myself all along "I will be happy with 300HP"
then "I will be happy with 300 HP that will survive LSR
then well 380HP......
then realized I needed to bite the bullet and put a GT4088 on it
Point is I did my bike over 6 or so times in different incarnations

Be happy with a TUNED stage one, maybe turned up to ~300hp with meth injection for saftey
OR........Bite the bullet and open the wallet wide and far do it once and be done

What are your hp goals or plans for the motor? I just now if your looking for pump gas under 300 hp I would go na motor build. People think going turbo and making 280 300 whp the bike is fast but a well built na motor with the chassis everything else dialed it will more then likely beat a turbo busa. Speaking from personal experience. I have a turbo busa that made 450 and it’s a turd at 350 whp. Going off of dragy times from my other busas I have. Plus that lag in throttle response is a big down fall. Only way to get around that is big motor and more compression. That will wake the bike and turbo up. But if your not worried about racing. Then yea turbo is fun. And if don’t right and can be reliable. Just giving you wait I have learned in my 6 years of having multiple turbo busas, busa builds and racing. But please share your plans and goals. Lots of people have experience and can chime in what they have experienced
Hey @busakiller ...nah this job is purely just for some fun. Most of my money is spent on flying. I won't be racing this busa. If I get more than 230HP and under 300HP I'm happy.
This won't be an extensive, nor expensive build by any means. I've seen what I could do and buy; stroking out a larger bore with no turbo would be fine too.
With this fun project I just want to edit out speed restriction and give it a modest boost to get ahead of traffic to pick up the milk and bread and have a little fun with it without an extended swing arm.

80% streetbike here Loring Land Speed racing is the real bag of fun. And Why bike bike is setup like this
a couple Drag strip sessions a year (maybe more now with the clutch scare over)
Any feed back I can offer

One thing I really preach is be reasistic with your personalitly
I lied to myself all along "I will be happy with 300HP"
then "I will be happy with 300 HP that will survive LSR
then well 380HP......
then realized I needed to bite the bullet and put a GT4088 on it
Point is I did my bike over 6 or so times in different incarnations

Be happy with a TUNED stage one, maybe turned up to ~300hp with meth injection for saftey
OR........Bite the bullet and open the wallet wide and far do it once and be done
@202mphbusa you're absolutely correct of course - however, financial budget indicates what I can do at the moment. But knowing me, I love working on machines so no doubt I'll be pulling the engine back out in the future just for funzies when I'm able to buy a billet crank, Wossner Heads with a larger bore and Web Camshafts amongst other goodies.
I'll be keeping this bike lifelong so long as my body holds out. My back and wrists are ok riding this bike unlike some unlucky others regardless of age, so it'll be a evolutionary project.

@202mphbusa you're absolutely correct of course - however, financial budget indicates what I can do at the moment. But knowing me, I love working on machines so no doubt I'll be pulling the engine back out in the future just for funzies when I'm able to buy a billet crank, Wossner Heads with a larger bore and Web Camshafts amongst other goodies.
I'll be keeping this bike lifelong so long as my body holds out. My back and wrists are ok riding this bike unlike some unlucky others regardless of age, so it'll be a evolutionary project.
Bought my Busa in 2000 NEVERDONE

...and so it begins

The fairings/trim removed easily as per a usual self-service. The only issue I noticed was previous bike shop mechanics who've serviced this bike in the past (in order to comply with a new bike warranty), that in their rush to service the machine, some pins and plastic tabs were broken upon close inspection. ...I already noticed these issues two years ago and fixed them, but thought I'd mention it now that sometimes it's best to service the machine yourself if you can. ..Just know your bike shop mechanic and roll the dice.

This bike is a 2018 and was stored mostly indoors. The bolts were in good order and not frozen up. The only bolts that needed attention is the exhaust manifold which oxidize easily.

Next weekend will be the removal of the air box and related assembies. Tearing down peripherals from the engine and labelling rubber tubes and wiring accordingly.
Placing all related bolts and fittings into labelled and segregated plastic containers to remind myself what section of the machine each set of bolts/fittings is for should drastically reduce head scratching upon re-assembly. And put all bolts into their container immediately upon removal. Some bolts, however can be re-screwed back into their original holes if it's out of the way (such as the fuel tank mounting bolts, seat, grab handle bolts etc).

I found the most annoying part of this build so far (although still enjoyable) was the HEL braided line brake upgrade. Just remember to have a Flare Nut Spanner on hand first!

20221127_071846.jpg

20221127_071819.jpg

20221127_072142.jpg

20221127_071846.jpg

Back