Auction Site Going Away

(Fate @ Dec. 06 2006,10:19) Dang it, Dennis, you beat me to it. I just looked at your link and it was what I was thinking of in my last post.......
biggrin.gif

(300Busa @ Dec. 06 2006,01:31) 11,553 members and we can't raise enough money to keep this site running? .50 cents a month from half of the members $2,888.25 a month for this place. Just something to think about.
I think if we own that as members and constantly remind others then it will happen.

(NightCrawler @ Dec. 06 2006,13:22)
(thrasherfox @ Dec. 06 2006,11:36)
(captain @ Dec. 06 2006,08:30)
(BusaWhipped @ Dec. 06 2006,06:55) I don't go to the site often, mostly because I don't like the way it is run. But they have put up a feature that the Captain may want to think about.

Click me
That is pretty slick
I like that also
beerchug.gif
+1 here, I think that most people like to see the bar move or get some satisfaction.

Even if it is a different status or color for annual members.

Make the site a pay site with perks for different levels of membership.The rif raf will disappear and you'll be able to pay for some stuff.

(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 07 2006,11:35) Make the site a pay site with perks for different levels of membership.The rif raf will disappear and you'll be able to pay for some stuff.
bowdown.gif
poke.gif

You guys are amazing, sorry I have not been online responding and telling you all how awesome a group you are..... I have some pretty tough projects that I am working on during the day and they easily spill over to the night, then I have the web thing, I can tell you guys how great you are or I can fix the issues to keep the board up.......

I am going to get the admins to help me give you men some balls and email and all that jazz... I promise that I will get this done soon..........

You guys have pulled in enough to cover almost two full months.... WOW that helped especially this time of year.......

cap

Cap, Great news, but don't wait for two months before doing something to stabalize the inflow. There are some good ideas in this thread that deserve serious consideration.

(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 07 2006,10:35) Make the site a pay site with perks for different levels of membership.The rif raf will disappear and you'll be able to pay for some stuff.
good words. i`m behind this idea

Awesome.

Sale threads coming back.

I'll cut the board in for a healthy 10 %, if I ever sell anything.

(qrychefanus @ Dec. 06 2006,10:42) Here is just a thought, this may have been done or tried already, but has anyone tried to get Suzuki on board for a sponsor i mean the org gives them so much publicity is not even funny, think about it, a little kick back from them wouldn't hurt for all the free advertising they get here....maybe i am wrong..
I'm surprised that Suzuki isn't paying for the exposure they get and the obvious money they make because of this site.

eek2.gif

I liked the meter on the other site as far as a monthly needs vs. income. With 11K + members $5 a month seems excessive ( $56K ), but I have no idea what it takes to keep this place afloat. I appreciate the job Caps doing and have a better understanding of the site after this thread, and I appreciate all donating members, thank you. And it wouldn't be right if I didn't thank the administrators that donate their time and skills. Also a heart felt thanks to everyone on this site that puts up with me and patiently helps me from time to time, I just sit back and laugh my azz off at some of you guys at times. Great stress relief after a hard shift. Just think, I would have never met the guys from VA. or known about the Gap. Thank you all.

(nitrousjunkie @ Dec. 07 2006,10:35) Make the site a pay site with perks for different levels of membership.The rif raf will disappear and you'll be able to pay for some stuff.
I agree 1000000000000000000000000000 %

One thing Cap, I would say the main users of this board would back you if you do make this a pay site, so do not feel bad about doing so. Some stragglers will go away but the regulars will stay.... but as Busa Whipped said, be sure to take a look through this thread, there are some really good ideas.

Cap: I am not sure what to say. I appreciate your labor of love here, but I certainly understand your feelings, and FAMILY is #1 in my book. You do what ever you need to do that works for you! You have my full support what ever you decide.

I wish I had some good answers for you but this is not my area of expertise. What do other websites like ours do to stay alive? Maybe someone here would like to buy the website from you and take it over?

My best wishes to you Cap! You have been a real hero of mine as owner of this site.

Tom.

beerchug.gif

Are you all saying Pay for posting members? Or you have to join just to get in the door? If so what vendor is going to give Cap the time of day! A mid income mid crisis old man or GI in front of a PC busa riders club
all_coholic.gif
Sounds fun
SHOCKED.gif
Put the meter up so we know! Don't wait till the collection agency is calling
lurk.gif

Back