Auction Site Going Away

cap grumpy nakes a good point here quote
My opinion which I'm sure nobody cares about is don't call anything "FREE" if its gonna cost somebody something to keep it going. I rather be told "this much a month" then see somebody with their hand out. If you need to charge, then charge.

CAP, I am one to help all if possible and by the grace of god I can help some so I just made 2 donations on behalf of all the family here @ the ORG in the amount of $200.00 MERRY XMAS ALLLLLLLLLLLL ! Let's all pull together and make this happen or we might not have a site to visit. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING
race.gif

(NINJA KILLER @ Dec. 05 2006,21:50) CAP, I am one to help all if possible and by the grace of god I can help some so I just made 2 donations on behalf of all the family here @ the ORG in the amount of $200.00 MERRY XMAS ALLLLLLLLLLLL ! Let's all pull together and make this happen or we might not have a site to visit. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING
race.gif
Top Notch Ninja!!
beerchug.gif

(NINJA KILLER @ Dec. 05 2006,21:50) CAP, I am one to help all if possible and by the grace of god I can help some so I just made 2 donations on behalf of all the family here @ the ORG in the amount of $200.00 MERRY XMAS ALLLLLLLLLLLL ! Let's all pull together and make this happen or we might not have a site to visit. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING  
race.gif
44 posts and he trumps us all with a monsterous $200. Way to go.
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
Somebody get this guy some balls
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I do this because I truly believe this is the BEST BUSA site on the internet and I will do anything to help FAMILY, and that is what we all are, we are commonly linked with the LOVE and DESIRE of OUR BUSA'S and that is what this site is all about . LONG LIVE THE BUSA KING.
beerchug.gif

(NINJA KILLER @ Dec. 05 2006,22:06) I do this because I truly believe this is the BEST BUSA site on the internet and I will do anything to help FAMILY, and that is what we all are, we are commonly linked with the LOVE and DESIRE of OUR BUSA'S and that is what this site is all about . LONG LIVE THE BUSA KING.
beerchug.gif
Nice balls

Ok that's just wrong for one guy to tell another guy he has nice balls
laugh.gif

11,553 members and we can't raise enough money to keep this site running? .50 cents a month from half of the members $2,888.25 a month for this place. Just something to think about.

(300Busa @ Dec. 05 2006,22:31) 11,553 members and we can't raise enough money to keep this site running? .50 cents a month from half of the members $2,888.25 a month for this place. Just something to think about.
True that!

Ninja Killer you
egitarre77.gif
super.gif

I don't go to the site often, mostly because I don't like the way it is run.  But they have put up a feature that the Captain may want to think about.  

Click me

Cap, I think Busa whipped is right. I own a buisness and if I would love to see some buisness ventures that have a great a great return in the first 3 months. I would be buying into them real quick.

I disagree with you about the membership fee thing, but it is your board and if you do not want it, I understand.

I have a crazy idea. Somewhere on the first page or somewhere on the board, what if we had a countdown starting each month, showing the total of what the expense is for that month to operate the board, and as donations come in, the number drops. That way, the donating members can see where there money is going and not call you a "greedy bastid" and also give everyone an idea of what expenses are left to pay. This would work for good causes also. It would be in everyones face and would leave it up to the members on how much they want to give each month to help. Any excess can be used for improvements, donations to members in need, or next months expenses. If the monthly expence is not met, then it is added to the following months total.

Just a thought.

Dang it, Dennis, you beat me to it. I just looked at your link and it was what I was thinking of in my last post.......

(BusaWhipped @ Dec. 06 2006,06:55) I don't go to the site often, mostly because I don't like the way it is run.  But they have put up a feature that the Captain may want to think about.  

Click me
That is pretty slick

Cap., Give that a shot. I think it puts it right in everyones face. I also think it solves the question about monthly fees. It lets everyone know that you DO HAVE EXPENSES, but still leaves it up to the individual to decide what to donate.

I would still leave the auction site up for a while too. Lets just tweak it. I think it will work if you give it some more time. It is still new...

I'd say no sales threads, go to eBay
Limit avatar size
No sig pics
plain page background
And maybe put a stop to outright post-whoring?

I think we'd all rather give up a few things than the whole deal.

Here is just a thought, this may have been done or tried already, but has anyone tried to get Suzuki on board for a sponsor i mean the org gives them so much publicity is not even funny, think about it, a little kick back from them wouldn't hurt for all the free advertising they get here....maybe i am wrong..

(qrychefanus @ Dec. 06 2006,10:42) Here is just a thought, this may have been done or tried already, but has anyone tried to get Suzuki on board for a sponsor i mean the org gives them so much publicity is not even funny, think about it, a little kick back from them wouldn't hurt for all the free advertising they get here....maybe i am wrong..
I was thinking the same thing.

Also, most of the sponsors sell a single product. I would think that a retailer would have more luck. Cycleworld or even Fry's or Best Buy. Go for what you know people will buy already, rather then try to test the market for specialized Bike parts and accesories.

Back