Auction Site wanted ads

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So for you folks that are wanting to buy a product and are in the market to buy a product post what you are looking for in the auction site wanted section.

I have removed all the fees so creating an account on the auction site, posting up a basic sale and also the wanted ads are free. The only time the site gets anything back is if you are the seller and you choose the extra options like having the auction highlighted, bolded or featured on the main page. Also if the item sells the site gets a small fee.

The auction site is just shy of being completely free. There is no reason that a member would not want to post there. Your not out any money if an item doesnt sell so why not give it a shot and put up some items. Its risk free....... Only if you sell the items or put the added features on the auction is there any fees...

You guys help me understand why I am getting resitance on this.

No resistance from me CAp..I just don't have anything to sell, except for maybe my body, and that ain't gonna bring much!

none from me, i have been using the auction sight. buying and listing in the wanted. no problems on my end.

sounds like a good deal to me, i may post up some BUSA stuff for sale, that way i can donate some $$ also.

Im not pointing anyone out, thats not my intentions at all.... There are still emails and PM's floating around to the admins from disgruntled members. If you look at this situation from a 50,000 ft view what conclusions can you draw? Before the auction site there were at least 10 things for sale on the site a day, these were from folks claiming to be individuals and not businesses. Now that the auction site has gone live we have had less than 20 auctions started by members that had anything to do with a motorcycle. Most of the auctions are what I classify as a mercy auction, the members that are just trying to help......

With all of that info it just seems like the Org became a place to do business by folks that didn't care about the site or the members. What other conclusions can come from it? If those people that were selling here and making money are not willing to use the new portal do we really want them here just lurking around waiting for a sell or do we want folks that are involved and participate with the group....

Me personally I would rather have a smaller group of folks that fed the site information and participated than a large group of people with some good and some that didnt care. This site has never been about size, Labusas has hundreds of thousands more post, Psychobike has more drag racers, SH.org has more turbo, we all have our niche.... This site has been about quality and integrity.......... Sometimes you can out grow a good thing........

CAp

Here's my take,and dont get pizzed..I just think it is a PITA as compared to when you could just scroll thru what was for sale or wanted very easily before.
I did sign up for the auction thing just the other day,looked in there and did not see much going on!! Why? I dont know....
I never buy stuff on Ebay for the simple fact that I can never find what I want using a search function! For me,when I can scroll thru the multiple threads,and something catches my eye,then I am right on it!

As far as it being a money issue where the board gets a bit,that is definately not an issue.That is not asking for too much.

I dont really think that even if it becomes totally FREE,that things will go any better...If it does,than that is just SAD!!!!

...on the tails of what brendanp has posted....people (general) hate change.

So, how can we help make this transition as PITA free as possible?  The auction site is staying (I hope).  I think a "how to" post, thread, .pdf, .doc, or something should be written for distribution/reference.

The auction site may not be as intuitive to some as it is to others.  "How do I....", "where is the...", and "I can't find..." types of sentiments need to be addressed in a FAQ or user manual or something.

There should be a quick and simple version and a more advanced version for the range of users we have here.

...there's my pennies worth.

I was one of the resistance not on selling items but removing the wanted section still dont like the new one as the posts go away so you dont know if the member ever found what they were looking for I do work on friends bikes and some time I get the parts I replace (turn sigs, stock exaust......) I used to be able to go back and see who needed what then pm them dont mind it being in the auction sec just need to have some history not trying to complain cap just trying to explain the situation

(spkerhed @ Oct. 31 2006,17:41) I was one of the resistance not on selling items but removing the wanted section still dont like the new one as the posts go away so you dont know if the member ever found what they were looking for I do work on friends bikes and some time I get the parts I replace (turn sigs, stock exaust......) I used to be able to go back and see who needed what then pm them dont mind it being in the auction sec just need to have some history not trying to complain cap just trying to explain the situation
But just remember that all that data was just hanging around clogging things up. The message board was not designed to be a place to buy and sell. Who cares if Bob was looking for a new tire 4 years ago..... With as much traffic that we have here we just cant keep that mentality up. That was the great thing about the auction site, it purged all that garbage out automatically and kept the message board clean from all the want and sales ads.....

I agree but maybe a 2 month history and set it up so the member can delete the ad if fulfiled before then just an idea

they can put the want ad up for 2 months now and can also delete it at their desire....

thanks cap you are the man
beerchug.gif

We are a lucky group to have a group of admins that are open minded and receptive to feedback.

If people approach things as a suggestion and provide a reason people will get a better response.

I look at it like the penny dish at 7-11, give a penny, take a penny, need a penny, share a penny (i hope i said that right) If you arent the guy to put a nickel in the penny dish, well we understand but dont complain when you are a penny short and have to break a dollar.

Toss CAp your extra pennies and call it a day. Maybe he can fill up his piggy bank and help with the bills.
bluegrab.gif

pennies2.jpg

Uhh, how come when I am at work and on the web I can see the auction site but when at home like right now the banner is no where to be found...? There is nothing up there at all on the left side. I cleaned up cookies and all that crap, logged back in fresh, tried a start by typing in the adress etc... I'm lost...

Maybe I'm not nutz like I said in my post yesterday, it's just not here...

(DNGrumpy @ Oct. 31 2006,21:48) Uhh, how come when I am at work and on the web I can see the auction site but when at home like right now the banner is no where to be found...?  There is nothing up there at all on the left side.  I cleaned up cookies and all that crap, logged back in fresh, tried a start by typing in the adress etc...  I'm lost...

Maybe I'm not nutz like I said in my post yesterday, it's just not here...
What browser, what version and what OS are you using...

Both XP IE6 at home and IE7 at work. Both are broadband hookups. Work is fully windows updated, home is not... I'm afraid to kill the machine the last batch of updates didn't fare so well. I'll have to check my laptop and see if it works on there... I'll add that in t'row

All posting fees on the Auction site are now free...... Only if you sell an item is there any cost..... You can swap parts and sell for no cost at all...

cap

Back