Attention 2012 Bash Attendees-Newbies PLEASE READ

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
I posted this last year before the Bash and with Hooken going down I figured I would post it up again, witha few additions from org memebers.

Please READ if it's your FIRST time at the Bash and FOLLOW.

Let's recap for the newbs....

1. If you are RIDING down, be safe, take breaks especially as you get near to Robbinsville, once in the area the roads are more challenging and hard to travel if you're exhausted.

2. Bring money. If you didnt pre-pay for food, pay as you go will be available and ALWAYS tip the cook(Grumpy)

3. Bring your alcohol, it's a DRY COUNTY so no readily available drinks.

4. Bring rain gear and warm clothes for the night time, gets chilly in there mountains thus the fire pit.

5. ATGATT, cannot emphasize this enough, we have seen MANY go down at the bashes, and if YOU happen to be one of them this year you will thank your upright walking God that you wore the correct gear, and be cursing the decision NOT to. IF you go down we ONLY want your pride hurt and nothing else, we can mend that with beer...

6. Help as you would want to be helped, you will see people attack the trailers when they pull up, lend a hand unloading bikes, it's kind of a bash tradition.

7. Say Hello! no one wears "Hello My name is" tags you're gonna have to walk up to people and introduce yourself...don't be shy, this is 1 reason why you're going. And please address MC Mustang as "Sir", especially whe he asks you to do something Ace however, likes to be called "Puddin", GixerHp is known as "Frodo" and Grumpy is usually referred to as "Boss".

8. Volunteer! Tons of stuff gets done behind the scenes and USUALLY the rookies got dish duty so check in and help the efforts, Yup we have ALL done kitchen duty and have been Bash B*&tches, so now it may be your turn. Additionally, there will ALWAYS be some kind of wrenching to be done, hands can help there too.

9. Do NOT litter, we love Mrs. Reba, she loves us, let's keep it that way.

10. Do NOT make yourself a nuissance at the Phillips or expect a fellow orgster to call you on it, any questions? See number 9. If not Jet-Li, his awesome, and Ace will handle it

11. Plan, plan, plan...if youre not an all day challenged rider, don't volunteer to go on rides that will take all day. There's plenty of riding to be done near the Dragon, but if your skill sets will not tolerate a long ride don't do it, no sweat, ride locally and don't stress others out by having them babysit you on a long ride.

12. I don't care how good a rider you are, TAKE YOUR TIME, many of our A class riders didn't got screaming ballz out at the Dragon the 1st time they got there, take a few laps w someone or a group before you go trying to rip the roads open.

13. RIDE YOUR RIDE!!!!!!! Do NOT be forced (by your own mind) into keeping up with people who's skill sets MAY be better than yours, just enjoy the roads and ride WITHIN your abilities.

14. Remember the basics, tire pressure, hot brake fluid, cold tires etc, all these rules apply here too, ride with these same rules of the road in mind.

15. Don't disappear all day without checking in w someone, we worry and tend to have a mental inventory of who's going where and when they should reasonably expect to return and when you don't we worry and don't drink as much, which ruins our time:laugh:

16. Take TONS of pics, you will regret not having pictures to share and post later because you forgot your camera.

And finally, have a GREAT time. There's tons to see, awesome roads to ride, great people to meet and collectively, those Org members who have been there in the past would like you to have the same awesome experience they have had over the years. Oh and one FINAL rule.

17. NO WRECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are always striving to make the Bash an "Accident free" activity....try your best to keep that standard going. Hooken already claimed this one so let's leave it at just 1 shall we?

18. Cigarette Butts- If you flick 'em go pick them up or deal with Ace, sewriously let's not be ghetto.

19. NO BURN OUTS..or deal with Ace again:laugh:

20. ICE-In Case of Emergency-Please make sure someone has access to that information in case something happens to you.

21. Carry a cell phone with you and program the number to the Phillips so if something goes down you can call the hotela nd rescue will come for you. (Thanks skydvr)

22. Ride w another bike, just good sense if it's your first time, trust me people will want to ride with you if you ask.:thumbsup:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

I will miss you all,

Lycan:thumbsup:

:bowdown:
as a person that has run events for over 12yrs, GREAT ADVICE!

:thumbs: great post! :beerchug: ( :laugh:#15 "don't drink so much."):beerchug:

SAFE RIDING YALL!!!

17. NO WRECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are always striving to make the Bash an "Accident free" activity....try your best to keep that standard going. Hooken already claimed this one so let's leave it at just 1 shall we?

Lycan:thumbsup:

Great post!!!

Can only add, ride within your comfort level, way within your comfort level. Some of these guys have been riding for years, if the twisties feel unsafe and you try and keep up, there will be crashes. No one has anything to prove and no problem going to the back of the group. Also, there are spirited riders and casual riders, see where you fit.

Enjoy!!!

Willem

23. DON'T BE LATE for the photo on Saturday AM; it's like herding cats to get everyone there at the same time, and all the bikes lined up, just then a slow BLACK or WHITE bike shows up because they are SOO SLOW :moon: and wants to get fitted into the lineup :laugh:

24. Don't drink more than you can handle or control yourself with, or see Ace...

4. Bring rain gear and warm clothes for the night time, gets chilly in there mountains thus the fire pit.

7. Say Hello! no one wears "Hello My name is" tags you're gonna have to walk up to people and introduce yourself...don't be shy, this is 1 reason why you're going. And please address MC Mustang as "Sir", especially whe he asks you to do something Ace however, likes to be called "Puddin", GixerHp is known as "Frodo" and Grumpy is usually referred to as "Boss".

Just for the record, I've called MC Mustang other names, and survived :rofl:

Pity i don't live in the States, would love to go. To every one going, travel safe. In South Africa, we will be holding our very own 1st Busa Stampede on the 27th of April. Will post pictures on my return.

I would say "see Racerv" but you might just pound them for fun's sake..:laugh:

I'm not that much of an animal. I would at least give them a chance to run and hide.

Back