Suggestions for next Spring or Fall Bash.

Loomis

Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Registered
First off I can't make the Fall Bash, But when I was around the Phillips I heard alot of people talking about the Eureka Springs Bash and how different is was then the Robbinsville Bash, That at Eureka they did EVERYTHING as a group, Is there people there Organizing and scheduling events? And how do you separate the Novice riders and Advanced riders in a group type ride, I think because of past incidence at the Robbinsville events, people tend to ride with people they know or have ridden in the past with. Me personal I like to keep a small group 4 to 6 is ideal, you cant lose anyone and keep a eye on the person behind u. But seeing other pics of groups and people I know, I would have loved to ridden in some of those other riders. So maybe have one Big group ride but space it out with say 5 riders to a group. Advance riders first so that the newer riders are not slowing anybody down. and have check points or stops along the ride route. This way you can wait as long or short as you would like along the ride. Im thinking maybe 3 to 4 stop during a ride route. So lets do some brain storming and think of ways to make the Robbinsville Bash, more sociable and fun as a group and keeping it as safe as possible in a group ride situation. I guess if we can't come up with anything as a Group the Robbinsville Bash will remain of a more divided type Bash and more congregating around the Phillips and the Firepit.

The Eureka Springs Meet and Greet is smaller, so it's easier to keep the group together. Not that I'm opposed to a Bash group event.

Sounds like a good idea Loomis. That was one problem for me, being my first Bash, I had no idea who to ride with, what level of riders their were or where to go. I just happen to hook up with lanky and trey and it worked out great. After seeing some pictures of other groups, I wish I had got with them at least one day. It looked like some scenic places they ended up at. Maybe next year I can add at least one more day to my trip so I can mix it up a little, after all it did rain Wednesday and Saturday so that only left me with Thursday afternoon and Friday.

Why not just one moderately paced ride up the dragon to the lookout? Doesn't have to be fast, just a cruise.
One way or another I think a group pic at the lookout with that background would be really nice.

I'd like to try to roast a pig over coals in the fire pit.
And maybe push it back one month for warmer weather :)

@ Bashful(LOL), Even with a Moderately pace riding skills levels are different, You have a break up say 30 riders, to 6 smaller groups of 5 riders, Much safer for the riders and different skill levels.

I understand but I still think a group pic up top would look really nice with the mountains in background.
Everybody pull off to right and line em up across on the left in two rows or something...
Just thinking.

I did see a few butcher shops up there. We could get a small roaster and cook him up :)

I have only done one Eureka event. There were individual rides as well, but the big group rides were the best. From what I remeber, they were managed with leaders in front and a sweeper at the back. (Always Semi :laugh:). There was radio contact between the back and the front, so the pace was managed to keep the group together. If the front rode hard, they would slow down at some point until the group got together again.

I would suggest that we try at least one or two group rides, at least 4 hours each at the next NC bash. Ride out, have lunch and get back to the Phillips. Those who don't want in can still do their individual rides.

It took 45 minutes to line up the bikes at the Phillips. Imagine trying to coordinate that on top of a mountain.

one of the best group rides in my humble opinion is over the Skyway and back...it takes a couple hours at a slower pace and isn't real technical if everyone stays at the speed limit or below...also, there isn't the problem of going through towns and dealing with a lot of traffic getting into the middle of the group...there are also quite a few handy stopping places for everyone to get together and socialize...we did this as a "newbie" ride the last several years but the weather and everything else just didn't work out this year...it's a great opportunity for members to get to know one another and share some time on the road

This was the biggest thing I thought was strange at the Bash (first timer)

I was really hoping to have ridden as a huge pack of Busa's tearing up the roads. I'm one of the slow ones, so I understand the dilemma, but why can't the fast guys just ride a slow ride for one ride? Would it kill ya? ???

:laugh:

Also, there wasn't as many photo ops as I would have liked, it sure would be nicer on a large group ride. Just take one day, and enjoy the group riding instead of canyon racing.

Just my $.02

:beerchug:

Everybody remembers the last time we tried a group ride....

Im surprised nobody's interested in a pig roast?

bab38a9e.jpg

Forget the group ride already let's just eat :laugh:

Everybody remembers the last time we tried a group ride....

Not everybody. Plus, like Blanca said, can't live in the past. Learn from the past. I would have loved to ride with all you guys, but at the same time, I had a blast riding around with FstBusa..

I for one have ZERO problem being the one people have to wait for. And I don't really see it being a big deal for people to have to wait 5 min or so out of there day to allow everyone to ride together or catch up.
Again, I'm not complaining, but it sure would have been nice to have been able to ride with you guys all as a group. Most of us guys see like 5 Hayabusa's a year, I saw a ton last week, too bad I didnt' get to ride with them all.. That's about the only thing I regret at the bash. It wasn't anyone's fault, it was just a weird situation with everyone coming and going at all times.. :beerchug:

Unfortunately, most all group rides in the past have ended in disaster. Even going at 30 mph someone wrecked for reasons unknown. Puts a huge damper on the rest of the vacation and no one wants to deal with it anymore. Anything larger than 10 bikes, I will not likely be a part of.

Unfortunately, most all group rides in the past have ended in disaster. Even going at 30 mph someone wrecked for reasons unknown. Puts a huge damper on the rest of the vacation and no one wants to deal with it anymore. Anything larger than 10 bikes, I will not likely be a part of.

In summer, Heidi and I do group rides 50+ bikes at least once a month. Sometimes they get so big, we have the police escourt us through the small towns. We have fun, never had an incident. It depends on how it is organized, the rules and the ride captains. I can understand though that it is not for everyone.

In summer, Heidi and I do group rides 50+ bikes at least once a month. Sometimes they get so big, we have the police escourt us through the small towns. We have fun, never had an incident. It depends on how it is organized, the rules and the ride captains. I can understand though that it is not for everyone.
Not to argue with you but in a perfect world, you are right, there shouldn't be issues. Don't criticize the efforts and organization from our past rides when you weren't there. You will be stepping on some serious toes. You may want to search the past bash threads and you will see what I am talking about.

Back