athletes "standing on their head"

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
you hear about athletes doing great thing in sports described as "standing on thier heads" but i dont think this is what they ment. the current motogp points leader highsided in practice and got pretty banged up but he may still race on sunday. thats why motorcycle racing is so awesome nothing between the riders and the ground and they still are willing to run over 200mph.

220126_Jorge_Lorenzo_suffer_heavy_crash_at_Shanghai_1280x960_may2_10_jpg_preview.jpg

"lessee... page 6 "what to do if the bike flys through the air upside down""

reports say Lorenzo broke both ankles. I guarantee that the lil' guy is gonna race this Sunday. That's what he's paid millions to do.
bowdown.gif

Post the other pictures that go with that... there is a whole series... got job by the photog...

I wish him a speedy recovery, but this is the guy that believes he is so good a rider that "traction control should be banned".

0205-lorenzo-china-02.jpg

0205-lorenzo-china-03.jpg

0205-lorenzo-china-04.jpg

I wish him a speedy recovery, but this is the guy that believes he is so good a rider that "traction control should be banned".

0205-lorenzo-china-02.jpg

0205-lorenzo-china-03.jpg

0205-lorenzo-china-04.jpg
I think it should be banned as well... racing should be about riding skills, not programing ability in a computer...

I think it should be banned as well... racing should be about riding skills, not programing ability in a computer...
Yeah, old discussion about driving/riding aids. I personally have no problem with the driver/rider/pilot being 10% of the equation in top racing series. Or zero, for that matter. It's about wining, and engineer brains wins hands down (or will win eventually) over pilot guts and instinct.

Of course, stock categories in which the pilot makes the difference are nice also. Only slower.
laugh.gif

Back