Another stand question

g17

Donating Member
Registered
I read a post by someone who had some  race stands for sale on the board and the post mentioned the board one time had a group buy for them. Anyway, they are by "checkered flag motorsports" <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Stands-Hayabusa-ZX10-FZ1-CBR-sportbike_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQihZ009
QQitemZ190020593233QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" target="_blank">LINK</a>and just so happens I was looking at them on ebay. Anyone use/used these and do they wrok good with the busa?

......I did a search but all it returned was irrelevant topics.

Thanks!

yes checkered flag motorsports was the seller of the group buy. i went with pit bill instead. here is a pic of them. real HD

DSCF0492__Large_.JPG

The zuk stands are cheaply made to me but they work.
I have the Suzuki stands also. They may not look as heavy duty as some of the others, but my bike is very stable on them and they are easy for me to get on the stands by myself, and that is important to me. Not the cheapest by any means though.

Go with the Checkered Flag stands, they kick ass. I paid $114 for front and rear delivered to my door. If pitbull were the same price it might be a toss up, although I still like the Checkered Flag's inner and outer wheels on each side. As it is the money saved can be used for other mods or a weekend road trip paying for gas, food and one night at a nice hotel.

I can't comment too much on the Suzuki stand as I've never tried one (just looked them over at the dealer) but I read more than once in this forum that they often don't fit up and are non adjustable. That comment is always followed by "you can bend them easily" in order to fit your bike. Uhh huh, I want a stand that I can bend easily supporting my 500 lb $11K motorcycle.
rock.gif

Just started using an older Suzuki rear stand that was graciously donated to me by Raider. Non-spool stand but works fine and no worries about tipping.

I'll check those out too. I'm looking for HD and those look the part.
Not to jack the thread but since you live in Lexington, I have to ask. Have you ever done the ride down by Natural Bridge State park? The one that takes you through the Nada tunnel?

Back