ASV C5 Brake Lever

dainerific

Registered
Got this installed a few days ago. As I use the lever to brake it gets super stiff. Has anyone else had this issue?

it gets harder to squeeze the lever the closer u get to locking up the brakes. have to tried adjusting the the distance from your hand

it gets harder to squeeze the lever the closer u get to locking up the brakes. have to tried adjusting the the distance from your hand
It pulls normal for like the first 6-8 lever pulls. Then its almost as if its built up pressure. My buddy thinks the pivot bolt it too tight. I've adjust that and will update after a few rides.

Does it do it while you're riding and then stay hard or just in the garage? Short or long lever?
When I am riding after 6-8 pumps the lever gets hard AF. I sent ASV a video because you can replicate it the issue with the bike without it being on. They are long levers, they are sending me a few plunger barrels to exchange and they say it should fix the issue.

When I am riding after 6-8 pumps the lever gets hard AF. I sent ASV a video because you can replicate it the issue with the bike without it being on. They are long levers, they are sending me a few plunger barrels to exchange and they say it should fix the issue.
That’s cool that they’re helping you out. I hard short lever ASVs for a while and they would do that when I was just sitting and not riding but we’re fine when it was riding.

Here’s the grips

Could you just need to bleed the master cylinder? Mine's spongy, but I can pump it up while riding. And I'm thinking air has got in there...:mad:

They're good brakes when they're working and maybe you're not used to how stiff they should be, and you've got a little bubble...

Could you just need to bleed the master cylinder? Mine's spongy, but I can pump it up while riding. And I'm thinking air has got in there...:mad:

They're good brakes when they're working and maybe you're not used to how stiff they should be, and you've got a little bubble...
Its possible, but other bikes have had the same issue with the front brake. ASV is sending me a different plunger barrel. Hopefully that works.

Reactions: pcs
Back