Are fork sliders strong enough for use with a fork stand?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
These are listed everywhere only as front fork sliders/crash protectors. Nowhere do they say they’re good for use with a track stand to lift a bike. I’d like to be able to lift the front end of my Z900RS using these with my fork stand that I use with the Busa if they’re strong enough to lift the bike. They’re much cheaper than a triple tree stand and the required 27mm pin and the bottoms of the Z forks are odd shaped and won’t work with my fork stand.

I have Delrin and aluminum puck axle sliders on my 14 and I believe they were made by the same company. It's an 8 mm bolt that goes in there and it goes in about 20 mm I say. The pucks do fit into the axle. The rod that goes through the axle is solid aluminum. I think it would work for the front because that is a lot lighter than the rear. I would not try lifting the rear on these things.

You would need a stand that had forks to grab spools like a rear stand. It would have to be able to adjust to the proper width. If you have a spool stand for the rear and another for the front it might work. If I had two spool stands, I'd just slide a steel bar through the front axle and lift on that. A half inch rebar definitely will not break, no question.

there should be two holes in the bottom of the RS forks for a track stand . One hole each leg .

there should be two holes in the bottom of the RS forks for a track stand . One hole each leg .

I’ve never seen a stand used in this way or the attachment (pins)

necessary for it’s use but the hole in right fork bottom isn’t deep enough for me to trust anyway.

I see, :) hadn’t seen one of those before but as you can tell, the bolt is shallow and centered thru my right leg. Not much of a hole at all. The other hole is quite deep.
Only about 3/16 inch goes into the hole . Its cone shaped so it won't slip out

Back